• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates beyond computer capabilities (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to search for the ability to turn off auto-updates, if it is engaged, but the updates for InDesign and Photoshop, just to name two, appear to be suitable to Apple's new proprietary chip and not just useless but downright detrimental to those of us using Intel Macs.

Typically, on my 2015 iMac running 10.15.7 Catalina, I would use the 2018 version of Photoshop. Now, it's updated to 2020 and beyond to 2021, the latter of which will not even open. Sometimes the same with 2020.

But, I cannot open 2018 as it appears to be disabled.

Adobe - please stop updating beyond a comupter's capabilities!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user-to-user forums.

incompatible cc apps are not (typically) offered via the cc desktop app.  how that failed in your situation, i do not know.

you should uninstall the incompatible app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html and install the compatible app(s), Adobe CC 2018 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2018 Release | ProDesignTools

and you can disable auto-updates by clicking file>preferences>apps

Screenshot - 12_24_2020 , 6_34_02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines