• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Encour to burn to a Blue Ray Disc

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a user of the CS6 Production Suite.  I am sinply trying to copy a movie created on a Blue Ray Disc and burn it to a blank Blue Ray Disc.  But there are no instructions available on how to define the source document as an existing disc (as opposed to a file created in Premere, for exacmple).  I do not intend to ever get into the CC subscriber mess, and will stick w/my CS6 programs until they stop working completely.  Any help out-there on definiung the source doc in the Encour  CS6 set-up menu?  Thanks

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Encore is not designed to COPY a disc, only to burn a disc from what you create in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you are really asking is how do I make a copy of a, possibly, copyrighted product.

Do you have the original files that made up the content that is on that blueray disc you want to copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original file was not copy-write portected and a friend has a computer file of the original tape already digitized.  He has already made one Blue Ray disk for me in std dv formate.  

so, I can just have him make a few extra copies.  But it seems to me I should be able to copy the disk he made for me using my 2 reader/burners on my computer and make the copies that way, don't you think.  (On a separate blog from this community, I have been told that Encore is not designed to copy files, unless a file has been created in Premere.  So, that idea appeard to be dead.)  I tried runnig the Blue Ray disk into my video camera, then into my computer from the camera, then into Encore.  But cn't get the transfer from Blue Ray player to camra, so I give up on the camera trick.  I tried to transfer the Blue Ray disk directly from the player to Premere via HDMI into my Matrox box, but that is dead also.  I think I am going to scrape all my Adobe stuff.  There is a lot of stuff on the market that is cheaper and easier to use, albeit, not near as robust as Adobe once was.  Adobe has ruined the home user market in my mind, and it's just due to greed..

Thanks for your help.  I guess I will go back to my friend and just order copies, or get the file and make my own copies thru Encore, if I can get it to work right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure it will work but maybe Handbrake?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore is not designed to COPY a disc, only to burn a disc from what you create in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input.  I came to the same conclusion after a half a day of trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking for Blu-Ray ripping software.  Encore is not and never was intended to be a DVD ripper.  Sorry.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also since you mention CC I will note that CC no longer includes ANY software to burn DVD or Blu Ray. Encore is discontinued and other apps will not do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines