• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have 3 'Creative Cloud Files' folders?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a question about the Creative Cloud folder structure/syncing.

I installed the Creative Cloud Desktop application on my MacBook Pro and then installed the following programs: Lightroom, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro.

Once I had done that I switched 'file sync' on in the Desktop Application bar.

I noticed that I have three different areas called 'Creative Cloud Files' and one of these folders is called 'Creative Cloud Files Unknown' [see screenshot below].

Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 9.18.41 pm.png

Does anyone know why there are three separate locations? Which area am I supposed to save my files in so that I can sync them with the cloud? Can I delete the one that says 'unknown' in the file name? I assume that the folder listed in the Favourites Bar is the same place as the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder in my account?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

With the recent update of the Creative Cloud Desktop app (1.9.1.474) we unfortunately introduced a bug which causes the creation of a new Creative Cloud Files folder, and re-sync of all content. This will only occur the first time the sync application runs after the update. This has caused understandable pain and confusion, for which we truly apologise.

We have taken steps to ensure we increase our focus on quality in this area to prevent a recurrence.

The Creative Cloud Files app contains logic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 day ago you couldn't write this :))

Thanks, problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats great news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On later version - 2.1.1.110 - Still having the same issue as this. Just filling up my hard drive with archive folders.

Thought this was supposed to be a lot like Drop Box, IE only one folder. The point of it being on the cloud isn't it that its backed up on the cloud and synched locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried the following method?

1) Quit Creative Cloud Desktop App then the CoreSync and Adobe Desktop Service processes using Activity Monitor (Mac) or Task Manager (Win)

2) Navigate to:

MAC: <Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync on Mac OS X

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later, see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

WIN: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync on Windows

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

3) Then delete any file that end in .db,.db-shm or db.wal, and re start Creative Cloud (There should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud)

4) Restart Creative Cloud Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wharress,

By doing this, does one risk losing any files that is supposed to be syncing up to the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see this happening after CC2015. They must have realised it was a bug and dealt with it. If you google around you see this was an old issue with CC.

Great software overall though... if only they would include GIT and update SVN support for DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

This just happened to me and it made an archive of all of my previous folders. All of your stuff should be safe and sound on your computer hard drive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me, same as allisonm75569386‌ described. All of my work disappeared and appeared in the archive folder.

Is this another bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two years has passed and still annoying! You introduce a bug and you don't even care to fix it?

If I decide to sync folder X, then let me and stop creating an empty sub folder in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines