• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Adobe make it impossible to contact support?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching the website and every link to contact support just takes you to the Customer Care page with tips on how to do various tasks. I cannot find a contact phone number or an option to reach the "Chat" they supposedly have but is so hidden that you can't use it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

This page lists phone numbers for customer support around the world. Wait times may be long; please be patient with the CSR as they have no control over that.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding chat, there's an icon in the bottom right corner of the Help Centre page, although it took several seconds to display today. I think it's normally quicker, so perhaps go back to customer care and give it a few seconds to show up?

Amebr_0-1606798185426.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sat on the Help Center main page for 10 minutes with no chat option ever popping up. Have searched dozens of help center pages for a chat option and came up empty. The "Contact Us" button under support at the top is a dead link. help center.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears that the adobe website does not support Google Chrome and I had to use Internet Explorer to get it to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kenneth5EB8, I am sorry you encountered so many difficulties contacting our support team. I reviewed your account, and I am happy to see you successfully contact phone support.  I do not, however, see any attempts to contact us via chat.  Please follow Nancy's advice and use a browser that allows cookies and does not block scripts when contacting us in the future at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Our chat team is always available, especially for account and membership related inquiries, and even has the ability to take direct control of the computer to help resolve any errors an individual user may be encountering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not on My screen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have cookies enabled and you need to turn off any script, pop-up, or ad blockers on the Adobe site.

If all else fails, you can open a chat session directly with the following URL:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all that and tried different browsers, still unable to get "chat" to show up.  My question is why do I have do do all that when other programs/service work without all the hocus pocus? Come on nAdobe, get with the times, have you ever heard of user friendly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible the issue is firewall or other security settings. I'm not familiar enough with how they can cause problems to advise, however. 

Did the direct link not work, also? If so, perhaps calling them is a start; they might (or might not) be able to figure out why you can't use the chat with them. I'm sorry I can't be more help than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the direct link did not work. I have tried calling the support number,still waiting.  In the meantime I might have solved the issue myself.  But as I have said, Adobe needs to address the probem of being able to contact them without the need to try different browsers or disable computer settings, other companies are able to do it so it is not impossible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much I can do about that, as I don't work for Adobe. You can try contacting corporate directly, but I make no guarantees of a response.

Adobe, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704

USA Tel: 408-536-6000 Fax: 408-537-6000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page lists phone numbers for customer support around the world. Wait times may be long; please be patient with the CSR as they have no control over that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. That's something that should probably be available in the contact section of the website and not from having to scour the forums though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe's website does not support Google Chrome."

Untrue. I am able to reach online chat from ANY modern browser that supports cookies and does not have script blockers.  So your assertion that Adobe somehow blocks Chrome browsers is not entirely accurate.  More than likely, something on your end (browser configuration, add-ons, firewall/anti-virus, security settings, etc...) are causing problems.

1. Please log-in to your account portal with your paid plan ID and password.

https://account.adobe.com/plans
2. Scroll down to Contact Adobe on the same page.
3. Online chat is available in English 24/7.
4. In the chat box, type AGENT followed by enter key and wait for a human.
5. Or as LinSims said, call by phone M-F during normal business hours.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you this was a big help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines