• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Erase Authorization in ADE

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting 'Error! Check Authorization'.  When I select 'Erase Authorization' from the Help drop-down, it shows my Adobe ID and wants the password.  I enter the password, hit 'Continue' and it acts like it doesn't like the password.  I can log into Adobe.com, change my password, and come back to ADE, same thing.  I have uninstalled ADE, cleared cookies, cache, etc., restarted the computer, and re-installed ADE.  It shows up already authorized and gives the same error message.  It still won't let me Erase Authorization.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just fixed mine.  Logged in for updates and this was the first thing it went to.

Correct Answerby cselhost on Dec 8, 2015 10:47 AM

Your authorization file will need to be manually deleted.

You need to delete out a few registry keys to clear the activation for ADE. You must have administration authority.

On Windows it can be found here:
Open Windows Registry by using the command prompt and typing 'regedit' or by opening the start menu and searching for 'regedit'.

Search for the following folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation

The 'Activation' folder can be entirely deleted.

On Mac it can be found here:
In Finder, find the 'Go' option on the menu bar and click 'Go to folder' and type the following in:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/

Delete the activation.dat file within the 'Digital Editions' folder.

Restart ADE and it should be deactivated at this point. You should be good to sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me with my Authorisation issue. Thanks for that.

I don't get why the publishers stick with ADE. They should make their own DRM program, since Adobe doesn't give a damn. Buy a book on Amazon, no Problem, buy it on iBooks, no problem, buy a ADE, DRM protectet book, lots of various problem and nobody cares.

I like, buying my ebooks in little shops, but if keep having issues with  ADE every time i buy a book, even i start to think of using Amazon or iBooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. The Adobe support people were no help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked. Adobe support is a joke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!. I have been struggling with this for months!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10, I had to also delete the activation key from C:\\Users\AppData\Roamng\Adobe\Adept. That deauthorized the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all, still not able deaothorise. Books will not open! any further thoughts.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir,

Can you help me. i have reached limited no. of sign-in devices  but i un-install the old windows where i logged in.

so, now i using only two active devices and limit is 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, DE1

This worked!!  I'm so relieved to find excellent help here on this site.

(It's unfortunate the telephone customer service rep did not know how to help me.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too.

Thanks very much for such a simple solution.

(I had been on Adobe chat for ages to no avail!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plz help!! 
I have tried following these steps multiple times but cannot find any files called "digital editions" after getting to the "Adobe" folder 😩

I've even tried deleting and re downloading adobe digital editions to my computer. 

I have an Ebook that I really need for my classroom, but can't access. 

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Adobe tech support is useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this. My previously authorized Kobo all of a sudden wouldn't download books from my Macbook Pro. I deauthorized the Kobo and tried to authorize it again and kept getting the message E_ADEPT_USER_UNKNOWN. I then was unable to erase the authorization on my MAC. Adobe was no help at all. This erased my MAC authorization and when I authorized it again, I was able to authorize my Kobo as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This worked!

I read so many different ways of how to "fix" this problem and this solution was the only one that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for posting this.  It worked for me too!  I couldnt tell you how many hours I have spent trying to be able to move the books that I have downloaded from the library to my Nook.  Finally....a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not finding any such file or any DigitalEditions folder. Is there anywhere else to look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have just found your help in 2023 and it worked. Much appreciate you helping others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! 

I tried to follow your instructions but the command ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/ did not function. Could I have deleted some data without knowing? I also tried to find the activation.dat file and nothing. 

is there any other way? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I know many others have been successful using my instructions.
Unfortunately, it has been quite a while, and I have no other information
how to help you. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only did this fix this problem, I can  download e-books from the  library again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A MILLION THANK YOU'S ! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to manage device authorizations if a person doesn't have a PC or Mac. I only own a Chromebook and a smartphone, and a eReader device. Thank you for any assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to use the Overdrive app that's available in the Google app store. Library downloads require it, and you can probably add epub books from other vendors. If you have a DRM free book I'm sold on PocketBook reader or Moon reader for Android and Chrome devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines