• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download ADE 2.0 for Windows—Not working?

Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've downloaded Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 for Windows thrice from the Adobe website link. It is 5.6 MB and downloads in seconds (as in 3-5). Nothing I do makes it run. I'm logged in as Administrator.

An aside, though it should not make any difference, I am doing this over Teamviewer 7.0.14563 on my father's computer.

Any advice?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

I have just managed to solve this problem.

On the application (.exe file):

Right click, select properties

At the bottom, beneath 'Attributes' I found a security warning which was preventing it from running. Click the button and voila.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue.

I'm on Vista 64, I have already 1.7.2.1131.

The exe after being downloaded just cannot be run. I have an Admin account, and even if I right-click and choose Open as Administrator, it does not work..

I don't normally have antivirus issues, but for the record I have AVG free. I have downloaded on 2 separate browsers.

I have tried installing before and after having uinstalled ADE 1.7.2, but that seems to make no difference. I have several Adobe apps (trial editions and regular editions) on my machine, with nothing giving me problems except this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just managed to solve this problem.

On the application (.exe file):

Right click, select properties

At the bottom, beneath 'Attributes' I found a security warning which was preventing it from running. Click the button and voila.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete, that solved my problem. Thanks. (Note: on my machine, there was a button which said "Unblock" which I needed to push.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Installing Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 in Windows Vista - http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/installing-digital-editions-20-windows.html for more information about how to unblock the installation under Windows Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff, but it's a Windows 7 machine. Pete (Win8) answered my issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks TdeV1.  I was mainly posting this for future users facing this difficulty under Windows Vista similar to I believe Idiotprogrammer2 experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines