• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - Document is licensed for a different user account

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2008 Sep 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeping getting error message "Document is licensed for a different user account". Have tried reinstalling, tried deleting from library and bringing back in, opened webcase 4 months ago (no response) and again today (doubt I'll get response).

Any advice?
TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2011 Apr 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had gotten this message when i purchased a book from barns and nobel.  all i did was move the books i purchased from the "my Documents" folder to the "My BN Library" folder.  When i started it back up, everything worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2011 Apr 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I purchased 3 EPUB books (ALL FROM THE SAME AUTHOR)  from Barnes and Noble at the same time. I was able to

add only 1 ONE of these books to ADE, the other 2 gave me this same message.....now that makes no sense at all. I followed the advice from those on this forum; deactivate, uninstall, move files ect ect......nothing has worked. Also I have only had just one account with ADE and  I noticed that I am not able to open a case file for free software but would sure like to know how to correct this.... Is Adobe just wanting us to spend $39 to get the answer? Seems so.....anyone call and get help?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2011 Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the issue I was having.  I purchased books from B&N and I was told by B&N that you NEED to use the "NOOK" products to open their books - either the NOOK 'ereader' or the NOOK app for PC.  Back around Christmas when I received my Kobo Lookbook ereader I had purchased an inexpensive ebook from B&N and had no problems at that time using ADE then putting it onto my ereader.  It seems now that B&N - from my conversation with them - has ebooks ONLY supported by the NOOK applications.  I did notice that the books I recently purchased were DRM (Digital Rights Management to prevent others from using books on more than 1 app which in their sense is "stealing" books) which means that it was registered to only work with the B&N applications.  I am not sure if this is the ONLY reason why we seem to be receiving this message as I have not tried other books.  I even used Calibre for my ebook management and that program told me that the books from B&N were DRM and it was unable to open it.

I think if it ends up being an issue with DRM that the books are NOT being able to open on the different ereaders EVEN if they were purchased, the places where we are purchasing the ebooks from NEED to be clearer on whether or not it is going to work on ALL ereaders or just specific ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar experience after switching from the Borders Kobo to the Nook Color.  Barnes and Noble support tried to help but to no avail.  It is in B&N best interest to fix this error as my future plans are to keep purchasing my books from Borders as I can get them in the Adobe Digital Library and easily transfer to my Nook this way.  I am disappointed that B&N advertises it works with Adobe Digital when it does not and this would have affected my purchase.

There is always a work around solution and for me it means not being able to buy my books from Barnes and Noble!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2011 Jun 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same experience trying to download library books and FINALLY found a way to make it work.  Go to the barnes and noble website and download Nook for PC.  When you connect your Nook, you'll be asked to activate your desktop using your adobe login name and password.  Doing this, I was able to open my ebooks without getting the "unauthorized user" message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I tried to use Adobe Digital Editions

since Dec. of 2010. This week I finally got it to workl I delet

ed Adobe Didital Editions and then used regedit to remove all references to that site. I made sure that my e-mail address and my password was the same on Adobe.com and Adobe Digital Editions. I can now download books form my town library. I have a Nook Color and that was never a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS is THE WORST SOFTWARE I USED EVER.. NO SOFTWARE WASTED MORE OF MY TIME THAN THIS PIECE OF S....T

very dissapointed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you but did you try what I did? Uninstall all adobe products. Edit your register and get rid of anything to do with adobe. Then clean your hard drive of all things not needed. re-boot and reinstall digital reader. Then the program worked and I was able to download and authorize the books. Maybe I was lucky. Hopefully, you will be too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Whether we like it or not, there are times when we end up at the mercy

of some programmer who is listening to Lady GaGa instead of writing a

program that figures out what to do properly.

Adobe products are registered to a User ID and password. If you've been

able to download an ebook under one user ID, but try to do it again - or

redo it - with another user ID, ADE tells you that you can't do that. There

are several solutions: deleting the backup file in the Digital.Editions

folder on your hard drive being one that's worked for others.... If you

clean your hard drive of all Adobe products, be sure to empty the trash

(Windows environment) so you get all the old code off the computer.

==============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone yet come up with help for a Mac?  I'm at my wit's end. I've called Nook support - useless. I've spent 5 or 6 hours at the B&N store - the employees worked so hard to try to help. I've talked to my local library about their e-book system. No help.  Books I purchase from B&N download beautifully. I can also sideload e-pub books  without difficulty. But the reason I bought a Nook color instead of a Kindle was because of the ability to use the public library. It's hard to believe that this same problem has been around since at least 2007 and Adobe has made no effort to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a  PC so I don't know if what I did will work on a Mac. I just got rid of all of  adobe products, edited my registry, deleted Didital Editions from my documents and it finallly worked. I bought my Nook Color back in

December and I finally was able to acticvate books from my local library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also got the exact same message ( Document is liscensed for a diffrent user account). It is a library e-book, and has always worked without any problems up until now. I tried to authorize it as to be able to send it to another computer as well, and that's where my problems began. I reinstalled the program, and deauthorized it from my computer, and it still doesn't work. When I tried deleting it and re-downloading it, I got the following message: Error getting license

License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER.

I have tried repeatedly to get this program to work, but it won't anymore. On the library's website it says the following "Adobe eBook users: Adobe eBooks can only be downloaded three times. (...)" Could this be the problem? On this computer, I've only downloaded it once, and when I tried deleting it and redownloading it I got the message above and could not download the eBook. I've also downloaded it once on another computer, and that's it. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thnk you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem as has been outlined here.  I have a sizeable e-book library with books purchased from a variety of sources - Kobo, Christian Book Distributors, Obreey (Bookland) and a couple of others (I bought a book from B&N but could not get it to work on my Pocketbook E-Reader.

I, like the others, bought the books in good faith that I now owned my book.  Computers come and go but my e-books should be available to me when I want to read them.

If I knew enough about computer programming and software development to make this ADE work, I wouldn't need it.  I could develop my own software which would work.  But I don't, so I am just left with wasted time, money, energy and a very large portion of frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines