Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the authorization on my laptop

Mar 25, 2012 Mar 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a windows 7 laptop that was the first place we installed Adobe Digital Edition and we used one email address.  Now we do not have access to the email account any more and want to chagne the authorization account to our new email account.  We have created the new ID on the web and I am logged in using it to write this request for help.  I cannot find any way to change the authorization account on my laptop.  I have tried uninstalling, deleting the digital editions folder, rebooting, and re-installing but it stills shows the authorization account using the old email address.

Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

I found the answer in another discussion

5. Jul 3, 2008 4:32 PM (in response to (JGS))

Re: How can I change computer authorization after two Adobe IDs have been merged together?  

The clean way to deauthrorize your computer is to launch ADE, and then press Ctrl+Shift+D (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+D (Mac). After deauthorizing, you will be forced to reactivate/authorize when you next run ADE.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer in another discussion

5. Jul 3, 2008 4:32 PM (in response to (JGS))

Re: How can I change computer authorization after two Adobe IDs have been merged together?  

The clean way to deauthrorize your computer is to launch ADE, and then press Ctrl+Shift+D (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+D (Mac). After deauthorizing, you will be forced to reactivate/authorize when you next run ADE.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I had the same problem and I did the same steps, but now I can not even open the ebook that previously could read!

I changed my authorization because I need to read the ebook also in my tablet, but now I have an ebook just bought and can not read it!

Please help me.

Omar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been round in circles with this as well. Why admin cant make this a "sticky" I dont know but the solution is here "Cant Erase Authorizationin ADE" by DriverEight on 9 May 2016

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines