• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can download e-books from my local library onto Digital Editions but I get an error message when trying to send the e-book to my Nook reader. The error message is- No permission to copy book -A

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can download e-books from my local library onto Digital Editions but when i try to copy the e-book to my Nook reader i get an error message -" No permission to copy book-".

Anybody know what this is about as I didn't have any problem on a previous computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Digital Edition its a costfree produkt. So only support of forum. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you both devices authorize with the same Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that may have been the issue. Adobe have now updated the activation's and I downloaded another book to Digital Editions and it copied to my Nook without a problem.

I was disappointed with the Customer Service department at Adobe which took 2 1/4  hours to tell me they didn't know what to do and go to the forum.

Thanks everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Edition its a costfree produkt. So only support of forum. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Digital Editions and need to transfr books from my ADE library to a book reader (Nook).

When I try to transfer books from the ADE library the following message comes up - "CE-COPY -NOT-Allowed - No permission to copy the book"

The Reader is authorised for ADE and I have unauthorised and authorised again because of the problem.

I presume this is something to do with ADE but please can you help me to resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Edition and your Reader authorize whit the same Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both Digital Editions and the reader are authorised with the same Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if the ebook has the permission to copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one book that says "no permission to copy"  ALL the other 25 books say  “This document is licensed for a different user account”

If that is the case, I have no idea how there can be a different user account because only one ADE has been opened.

How can I clear that problem and get all the books onto the current ADE library so that they are accepted on the existing ADE account and on my Adobe ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you make the first Download/open without a authorization?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - of course not.

These books were transferred from Barnes & Noble to Sainsbury's Entertainment on Demand.  I followed the instructions from Sainsbury's to transfer them into the Adobe Digital Editions but these will not transfer from ADE to my Nook Device. 

As advised these were transferred with authorisation but will not copy from ADE to my device.  As advised the info. on the books state “This document is licensed for a different user account”.  There has never been another user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you can open the eBook anytime successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I was able to read them on my Nook device when the books were with Barnes & Noble but not since they were transferred to Sainsbury's Entertainment on Demand and then copied to ADE.  Since they were transferred to Adobe Digital I am unable to copy them to my device reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can read the ebooks till on your nook you should check which adobe ID is in ussing. Its not possilbe you can only as the reseller of the eBooks. Adobe, i and you have no acess to the ebooks itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I cannot understand what you are trying to tell me.  It is not clear.

Can I repeat the problem, as follows:

The books that were with Barnes & Noble have been transferred to Sainsbury Entertainment on Demand.

The books have been copied from Sainsbury to ADE where they are now in ADE library,

So that I can read the books on my nook device, I have to copy all the books from the ADE library to my Nook device.

When I try to copy EACH BOOK from my Adobe DIgital Editions (ADE) to my Nook device, the message comes up saying - "CE-COPY -NOT-Allowed - No permission to copy the book"

Further - when I right click on each book in the ADE library, the message in "Item Info" states “This document is licensed for a different user account”

There has never been a different uiser account.  The books were transferred from Sainsbury to ADE so that they could be copied to my nook device.  This does not do this for the reasons given above.  The books cannot be read UNLESS they are in an App on a tablet (which I do not have) or on my Nook device.  They will not copy to my Nook device for the reasons above.

Please can you explain how this problem can be cleared.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You has write that you can read the eBook on one device. You must check the device which adobe id you are used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sentence makes no sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and what's more frustrating, is that they 'lost some of my books' and have only given me £20 credit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question has been answered????  Where?  I have the same problem and can't find an answer here.  Is it to do with Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It looks like waiting and doing it again worked there. I've rebooted my computer and it's still not willing to allow me to authorize ADE on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines