• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I figured out the .acsm problem!

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows Vista Home Edition.  I just downloaded Digital Editions, and was going through the "Free Sample Books" on this website, when I ran into this problem of not being able to load the files that were .acsm.  I have spent the past several hours browsing through all of these threads and did not find a single solution to this.  I don't know what made me look, (I had downloaded two of the files to my desktop, one of them I renamed, and the other I did not-left it "URLLink.acsm"), but I right clicked the file and looked at the Properties.  Sure enough, at the bottom of the General tab it indicated that the file was being blocked.  I unblocked it, double-clicked it, and it loaded into Digital Editions!!!!  Whoo-hoo!  BUT---you CANNOT rename the file!  I tried it with the one I renamed and it did not work.  I re-downloaded it, unblocked it, and it loaded!  You just have to do them one at a time.  Once it loads, it puts the file in the My Digital Editions folder under your username, so you can then delete the "URLLink.acsm" file.  I HOPE THIS HELPS!! 

Oh-Digital Editions opens when you try to download the file.  You need to close it before you try to open your unblocked file!

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2010 Jan 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for posting this! I've been trying to figure out my .acsm issue for about an hour now

and nothing was working. Then I found this and it worked perfectly. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, so anybody else reading this, it's not just a Vista issue. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info

it helped a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2010 Mar 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have the wrong email =] sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox 3.6.X failed for me, but IE 8 went smoothly.

Was I encountering a Firefox bug or incompatibility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to Convert ACSM to ePub Free?

how do you convert acsm to epubWhen  you purchase an ePub book from a website, you will get an ”.acsm” file.  This file should be opened with Adobe Digital Editions, which will then  download the actual ".epub" e-book. The e-book file will be stored in  the folder "My Digital Editions".

So the saying of "how to convert ACSM to ePub" is not right.  Because ACSM is not an eBook format, you don't need to "convert" it to  any eBook format. Just open the ACSM file with Adobe Digital Editions,  ADE will download the real ePub book to My Digital Editions.

More about ACSM file extension... http://www.ipubsoft.com/epub-converters/convert-acsm-to-epub.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to Convert ACSM to ePub Free?

how do you convert acsm to epubWhen  you purchase an ePub book from a website, you will get an ”.acsm” file.  This file should be opened with Adobe Digital Editions, which will then  download the actual ".epub" e-book. The e-book file will be stored in  the folder "My Digital Editions".

So the saying of "how to convert ACSM to ePub" is not right.  Because ACSM is not an eBook format, you don't need to "convert" it to  any eBook format. Just open the ACSM file with Adobe Digital Editions,  ADE will download the real ePub book to My Digital Editions.

More about ACSM file extension...

http://www.ipubsoft.com/epub-converters/convert-acsm-to-epub.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Krisu2q8r,

As Adobe Reader kept on coming even after unblocking the file, had to go to select program to open file with. ADE was the selected and voila! it downloaded to ADE. You certainly figured out the proble and congratulations to you and thank wish to thank Adobe for the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2011 Aug 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  Huge thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way to go, Krisu2gr8r !

I was struggling with the urllink.acsm problem after buying an e-book and your tip - to unblock the file under "properties" after right-clicking - solved it for me. (I use an IREX Digital Reader.)

Thanks for taking the trouble to post the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a genius!

I have been working on this problem for 2 days now.

With your tip­, it took me 10 seconds to solve that problem.

Thank you soooo much!

Nicole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased 2 ebooks from BAM.  When I go to download them, I get a message that says Adobe reader could not open URLLink.ascm because it is either not a supported file, or because the file has been damaged.  Is this what you are talking about??  If so, I'm not sure I understand what to do.  Everytime I click on download, this message pops up and I'm stuck.  Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue running VISTA.  There is nothing to unblock and when I try to change the default program on ADE it is not even listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this stupid problem has been going on for 5 years from my internet searches- the unblocking and associating .acsm with the ADE program sounded like my dream come true but it did not fix my problem - ( I do have a unique adobe ID), and the ebooks read happily on my win7 but just gives the "oops don't like your drm" message on the kobo - I am close to putting the kobo back in its box and returning it to the supplier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God bless smart people like you sir 

krisu2g8r wrote:

I am running Windows Vista Home Edition.  I just downloaded Digital Editions, and was going through the "Free Sample Books" on this website, when I ran into this problem of not being able to load the files that were .acsm.  I have spent the past several hours browsing through all of these threads and did not find a single solution to this.  I don't know what made me look, (I had downloaded two of the files to my desktop, one of them I renamed, and the other I did not-left it "URLLink.acsm"), but I right clicked the file and looked at the Properties.  Sure enough, at the bottom of the General tab it indicated that the file was being blocked.  I unblocked it, double-clicked it, and it loaded into Digital Editions!!!!  Whoo-hoo!  BUT---you CANNOT rename the file!  I tried it with the one I renamed and it did not work.  I re-downloaded it, unblocked it, and it loaded!  You just have to do them one at a time.  Once it loads, it puts the file in the My Digital Editions folder under your username, so you can then delete the "URLLink.acsm" file.  I HOPE THIS HELPS!! 

Oh-Digital Editions opens when you try to download the file.  You need to close it before you try to open your unblocked file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be the sour apple here, but it's not working for me I've done everything like you all did, but I get an error messg that says E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

Been working on this for hours

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do this from a Mac? The steps make sense for a PC user, but nothing called "properties" pops up for me in the  menu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Nanz74 you're having this problem because your Adobe IDs don't agree. the device you're using was authenticated with one ID and the library account or software you're using was authenticated with a different ID. So when you purchase a book, the software used remembers the Adobe ID you used to access it initially and only if you are authenticated using that same account can you access the file elsewhere. Sometimes, the software you're using creates a unique Adobe ID for you (you never had to authenticate it) and that could be the problem. If it is, you can usually override it by going in and entering your Adobe ID so all your accounts agree. It could also be that you created two Adobe IDs and in that case you need to go through and make sure everything is using the same account. I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, thought you had saved my bacon, but...

I could not get v4.5.7 to activate (cannot connect to activation servers, check your internet connection)

reinstalled v3.0  able to "activate" but now gives error message "cannot connect to fulfillment server" and "Error!:check activation"

Still cannot get anything to happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolute nonsense.  Nothing is being blocked.  I have a similar problem and checked the properties.  NO files were being blocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines