• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IO Error on Network Request: Any solutions yet?!

Aug 28, 2010 Aug 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see threads on this going back 3 years and no solutions on hand to try.  I've completely turned off Windows Firewall, Avast and Ad-Aware are turned off.  Port 80 is open.  I can physically copy and paste the URL it gives me in the error message and pull up the .epub file.  Heck, I can read the whole thing from my computer if I want!  There is NOTHING blocking Adobe.  But Adobe keeps saying theres a network error!  I've had a Kobo for 3 days, and I'd really love to use it, but I can't, because Adobe says I can't.  Why hasn't this error been fixed?  If its fixed, why can't I find an answer?  Adobe Support told me that the Kobo isn't supported... buuut, the link he sent as proof showed that the Kobo is, in fact, a supported device.  Oh, and he closed my ticket without fixing the issue.  Fantastic.  So, what now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since buying my e-reader last October I have only been able to download and read ONE book. ADE is pathetic. I have given up with the e-reader and bought an i-pad which doesn`t rely on ADE to enable you to download and read books. I can now purchase a book and download it instantly to my i-pad. I wasted hours and hours contacting ADE and they never did fix my problems. I would definately NOT recommend them. Sorry I can`t help with your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Man, thats depressing... Really wishing I had gone with the Kindle at this point, but Adobe works just fine on my fiance's laptop in the next room.  I absolutely cannot figure out whats blocking my PC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines