Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Kobo Touch and Adobe

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a kobo Touch.

Software is up to date as of today. Adobe is up to date as of today.

I have books on it purchased from Kobo and they work just fine.

My issue is when I use Overdrive to download books and then load Adobe Digital Editions and transfer them to my Kobo, the books will show in the library but not open. I get an error message.

"Oops! This document count be opened......Digital Rights Management issue"

My kobo is registered with "account1".

My Adobe account is "account1". My computer is authorized with Adobe. My Kobo device has also been authorized using the same account "account1". Once I authorize it I get a message saying I can now share DRM books between the two devices.

However, once I open the book on the Kobo I am still getting the error message!!!

I have done 2 full factory resets to my kobo, powered on and off multiple times.

This is very frustrating. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 134 Replies 134
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to this....

I had Adobe 4.5 - I unauthorized kobo and computer and uninstalled.

I downloaded Adobe 3.0 and reauthorized the computer and the device. I downloaded a NEW book from the Library (Overdrive) and transferred it to ADE and then transferred it to my device. I can see it on my device as "new" but no picture shows up....it's just a black book. I get the same "Oops!" error as before.

SO........

I unauthorized kobo and computer and uninstalled Adobe 3.0

I downloaded Adobe 2.0 and reauthorized the computer and the device. I downloaded a NEW book from the Library (Overdrive) and transferred it to ADE and then transferred it to my device. I can see it on my device as "new" but no picture shows up....it's just a black book. I get the same "Oops!" error as before.

IT WON'T WORK!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering same issues with adobe 3.0 & 4.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem.  I am experiencing the same issue and am very frustrated with the level of support offered by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No!!!! I'm still so frustrated!!!!

I was was on live chat support With Kobo but they are stumped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have 2 Kobo Touch readers that have just had the update processed from Kobo.  Are you running Software version 4.2.8432 dated 1/24/17?  We are having the same issue - we downloaded books from the library & ADE 4.5 (or ver 3 - I did much the same as above with changing versions of ADE as well) will copy to the reader but we get an "OOPs" message that reads CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED No Permission to copy the book.  This has been a big frustration trying to get the library books on to the reader with no success.  We did get a library book to copy before the update came down from Kobo so we are almost to the conclusion that there is something in the last Kobo update that has created this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are correct. The issue seems to be with the Kobo Touch only in the way of no fix for it.

I will try to go online tomorrow and live chat again with them and see if they have any other suggestions.

I will keep you posted!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem - if you find a way to resolve this issue it would be wonderful - I can download ebooks from library via ADE version 3.0 - read on desktop however once copied onto Kobo touch ereader - unable to read - message indicates protected by DRM and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID - my adobe ID is correct - arghhhh! btw I was on the phone with library & on the phone with kobo & live chat with adobe - still no success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions I copied from maureenhutch, de-authorized both ADE and my Kobo, downloaded a brand new book from the library, logged into my Adobe ID when prompted, transferred to my Kobo and it opened with no problems. After that, I re-downloaded the books I could not open and transferred to my Kobo and they all opened no problem. Hope this will work for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your feedback - I have tried to de-and un-install both ADE and kobo ereader - then re-installed and re-authorized both devices with ADE version 3.0 - ebook from library protected by DRM appears in computer desktop (able to open and read - as always) however when I copy to ereader device the book appears in the library however will not open - message indicates protected by DRM and Adobe ID is unauthorized - any other ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not uninstall ADE. I plugged my Kobo into my tablet, then erased the authorization on both my tablet and my Kobo, went to the library and borrowed a new, never downloaded book. When I downloaded the book, it asked me to log in with my Adobe ID which I did. I dragged the book to my Kobo which had already re-authorized and the book opened in my Kobo bookshelf and also opened in the Kobo when I disconnected from my tablet. I then re-downloaded the books that previously would not open, dragged them to my Kobo and they all opened no problem. I am using a Kobo Touch and running ADE 4.5. If this doesn’t work for you I don’t have any other suggestions. I saw comments from a number of others on the Adobe forum in another string that said this also worked for them. Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you tell me where to find instructions from maureenhutch - I will retry - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found her posting on the forum. On the right side of the screen there was a similar question that started “every time I download a book I get a message…….” I clicked on that message and when it opened, I again looked on the right side of the screen and there was a question that said “re¨Oops….” And when I clicked on that, there was a whole thread of postings to do with this problem and “maureenhutch in response to Nanaky” was one of the solutions that several said worked. I just stumbled on it by chance. I tried to copy and paste her instructions into one of my postings, but it was not accepted on the forum when it posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am so glad it worked for you!!!

Are you using a mac or a pc??

Are you you able to copy and past the link the the page in a reply so we can acress the information?

I cant ant wait to give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Surface Pro tablet.  I am sorry I can't seem to copy and paste the instructions from maureenhutch into my reply.  It looks like I have managed to do it but when my comment shows up on the forum, the copy and paste isn't there.  Again, I followed those two links on the right side of my screen at the beginning of this thread under MORE LIKE THIS...I totally understand your frustration!!!  Maureen's post was from almost a year ago, Mar 26, 2016 so this is an ongoing problem and it has occurred on many different Kobos - the Touch, Mini, the Glo and seems to occur on both Mac and PC.  Wish I could help you more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is her message verbatim:  Re:  Oops! This document couldn't be opened".  Gosh so many people are reverting to ADE 3.0 but that appears to be totally unnecessary.  Here is what I did on ADE 4.5 and it worked for me:

If you are having trouble getting library books on a kobo (quite probably a new one because changing things typically causes problems), try deleting all authorizations - (on your computer and on your ereader, but keep the ereader connected.)  Then go to your public library website and get a NEW book - (something about trying to open a book that you already took out somewhere, causes a glitch - for example if you previously opened a book on a tablet or phone, then that's it - there will very very likely be NO OPENING it elsewhere, so make sure it is a newly borrowed one.  If you are out of new borrows, you will have to use adobe digital editions to RETURN one of your digital library books.  CLOSE and reopen ADE so that the return definitely happens).  After deleting all authorizations (check in all locations to make sure it shows no authorizations), download the new book to your saving spot, then click it to make it open in adobe digital editions.  Adobe will then PROMPT YOU for the authorization.  Use the drag down menu to find your library's license type, for me it is Overdrive.  Then enter your (Overdrive or whatever you use) email address and password.  This should cause the book to open AND it also should cause your connected ereader to become authorized at the same time.  Click the back button at the top and then click your ereader, and then it's gear sign to look to see if the ereader is also authorized.  Even if it is not authorized, try dragging the new book onto it.  This should work immediately (as it did for me), or it should ask for an authorization.  You can then click on the ereader (not on all items) and see if you can open the book as it sits in the ereader area.  If it opens there, you should be good.  Direct quote from maureenhutch Mar 26, 2016.  (I dragged my book to my Kobo then looked on my Kobo under the downloads.  When I clicked on the book, it opened and I could see that I was going to be able to read it without any problems.  These are the instructions I followed, and I now have 7 books that I can open and read on my 5 year old Touch )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I have followed these steps carefully - all seemed good - I was so excited until....I ejected the kobo touch ereader (5 yrs old) from the desktop - then tried to open the downloaded book on ereader - book is black and same message continues to appear indicating that book is protected by DRM and not authorized with this adobe ID account - if anyone has any more ideas....please let me know....I have tried over and over with different accounts (two different ADE accounts and one overdrive account)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me!!!!!!!!

I tried again today. No use!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thes916281 - what kind of Kobo are you using?? A touch??? What version of Adobe are you running????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now done another factory reset on my Kobo. Nothing.

Also, I unauthorized the kobo and the computer and uninstalled ADE 2.0 and then installed ADE 1.7.2

Now when I go to download a book it shows in my downloads (on my mac) but when I go to add it to My Library in ADE the .acsm file is greyed out .....so I can not select it. I have tried "open with ADE" and also a drag and drop. Neither work.

Any ideas????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Kobo Touch that is about 5 years old.  Never really had a problem with it before.  I also have a Kobo Mini that was giving me the same message and it is now fine as well.  Running Adobe 4.5.  When I followed the instructions given by maureenhutch I was able to download and read the new borrow from the library.  I then also went back and re-downloaded the books that I couldn't open before and now they all open in my Kobo with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this too and it worked for two books, now I am back to getting the Oops message on next library book I downloaded - am ready to give up on this and get a kindle, if that works any better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issues... terribly disappointed with the software.  Even after multiple uninstall/reinstalls, nada.  If anyone has any success please share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  a similar problem  my ade went awry after Kobo updated I did a  factory reset but am unable to authorise I get a fault message coming up which tells me that my internet is non existant this is not  the case any help for a frustrated 84 year old !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried right now, they ask me to desinstall ADE 3, I did it and install 4... exact the same problem and they told me to contact ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines