• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oops! This document couldn't be opened.

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very frustrated with Adobe Digital Editions at this time.  When trying to read a book from my library on my ereader (Kobo Glo) I continue to get the message "Oops! This document couldn't be opened.  This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID.  Please sign-in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again."

I have followed all of the instructions and I have even reinstalled the app onto my computer.  When I check the authorization it is attached to my library card.  Can someone please help me.  I have several books checked out at this time and cannot read them on my ereader.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the error says, you need to use the same Adobe ID with which you downloaded the book. Re authorize your reader with the proper Adobe ID. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I have reauthorized and it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

javastop‌ Were you ever able to solve the problem on your own? I'm stuck in the same predicament right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - its almost a year later and I still cannot successfully read a book on by ereader.  I have followed all of the instructions and it still doesn't work.  Would be nice if 1) someone from Adobe would answer my posts and 2) have a product that can actually be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wish someone would address this issue.  I have reloaded everything and all my passwords/Adobe ID match.  Can someone from Adobe please respond?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE WILL NOT RESPOND THEY ALWAYS SEND YOU TO FORUMS INSTEAD-hows that for customer service.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was plenty ticked when they did that to me too. I couldn't believe there wasn't a phone number to call for help.  But I suppose I understand that their support staff could easily be overwhelmed by people asking questions about a free product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I STILL cannot read my ebooks as I continue to get this message.  My local library has also been trying to help me but NO ONE will answer us.  I am so thoroughly frustrated with Adobe Digital Editions - will someone from Adobe please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am haaving exacrly same issue andfrankly i dont think its an adobe issue. i think its Kobo. i have had same issue with two kobo readeras. never had the problem with any other device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please mention the exact steps that you followed?

Did you fulfill the book on Kobo and then try to open it in Digital Editions or the other way round?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2014 Aug 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other way around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Kobo glo you are using, using the same Adobe ID that your Digital Editions application is using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the advice on a similar post:  Factory reset your kobo.  Go to menu icon on top right of kobo screen.  Click settings.  Click Device Info.  Click Factory Reset.  Worked for me too.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too and I have tried doing a factory reset, de authorising both my device and my computer in ADE as well as deleting all the files and starting all over again.  Nothing seems to be working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We reviewed the issue you reported and have been able to identify that the KOBO reader uses an older version of RMSDK and hence, it is unable to validate the user account activated through the newer version of ADE.

However, we have also a workaround that may help you overcome this issue.

Kindly follow the below suggestion and let us know if this helps in resolving this issue:

1. Download ADE 3.0 from the following URL -  http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html
  2. Install ADE 3.0 on your computer.
  3. Connect the KOBO reader in ADE 3.0
  4. Activate KOBO using ADE 3.0
  5. Now you can transfer and reader books

Please try this and let us know in case you face any issues.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I tried downloading ADE3.0 and activating my kobo on ADE 3.0 as you suggested.  However, I am still getting the same error when I try to open the book in my Kobo.

Best Regards,

JL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This worked for us. It remembered the computer and device activation, however. I needed to hit Ctrl+Shift+D to de-authorize the computer before it would work. OverDrive | How to deauthorize Adobe Digital Edition...

I also erased all the ebooks that I had already downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I downloaded the 3.0 version and now I get a different message.  It won't even let me copy the book to my kobo - it says I don't have permission to copy the book.  This is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharad;  I followed your instructions, as well as deauthorizing my computer and kobo and reauthorizing them again. ADE indicated the reauthorization was successful on both devices, however, I still get the same "oops, this document cannot be opened ... protected under DRM..." message. The public library as well as kobo has indicated this is a problem within ADE (using version 3.0 as you indicated). I really hope you see this message and are able to respond soon.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would you be able to try installing the latest version of Adobe DIgital Edition by clicking here - Download | Adobe Digital Editions and check if that fixes it for you.

This issue has been fixed in the latest build.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing the latest version, Sharad, and it did not fix the authorization problem.  After much fiddling, 3.0 finally worked. Thanks for trying to help, though -- as you can see, it's been an extraordinarily frustrating process for many of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me....the only thing that worked was going back to 3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try following below steps and check whether this helps in resolving the issue:

1.        De-Authorize Adobe account by navigating to Settings->Accounts on the KOBO device.
  2.        Launch ADE 4.5.2 (latest version). You may install it from Download | Adobe Digital Editions in case you do not have the latest version.
  3.        Connect KOBO to Adobe Digital Editions.
  4.        Select the device listed from ADE left-side panel.
  5.        Click on device options and authorize KOBO.

Kindly try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded version 4.5.2. It worked once for a new library book. After that one success, it is consistently not permitting me to copy any library books at all. And I had to return another two wait-listed books without reading them and go back on the waiting list for another four months. What now? Go back to 3.0 and keep doing uninstall/re-installs and de-authorizations/reauthorizations between downloads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines