• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY"

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download a library book, I get the error message "Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY", as well as when I try to authorize my copy of digital editions to my account (in an attempt to deal with this.) I have used it to view ebooks from my college library successfully, though not recently.

Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Macintosh:

1. Open Adobe Digital Wditions.
  2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  5. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  6. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

This solution works

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macintosh:

1. Open Adobe Digital Wditions.
  2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  5. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  6. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, but there was no way I could erase the autorisation. The application refused to do it.

(Personal information removed. Consider opening your case as a new post as this one is marked answered. Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which steps has you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the 6 steps you wrote above, with "desauthorize" for Macintosh.  It didn't work. The desauthorize option could not be select, it was in gray.

I also tried another way that someone gave me here.  Again, carefully, step by step.  I would have to find it, I don't remember it by heart. Didn't work either.

Then I tried to download Adobe again.  Was not successful.

After a full afternoon, I stopped.  I was about to throw my mac by the window... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try the part with remove the activation.dat file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you so much Nanaky!

I started the step 5:  Navigate to /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. 

I found the library, using the Mac OS 10.7 steps, I found the Application Support file, then the Adobe file,  but when arriving to /Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

The Digital Editions file didn't exist.  I looked again and again, I could find other Adobe files there, like Acrobat, but not The Digital Editions. 

I made a search for the activation.dat file, and could not find it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried this and was unable to Deauthorize, plus ADE didn't show in Library. Without deauthorizing, I downloaded ADE 2.0 for Mac and then restarted my computer. This WORKED! I can now open Epub files in ADE.

Here is a link for free ADE 2.0 for Mac and Windows: Adobe Digital Editions downloads 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
In the Go To Folder dialog box, type ~/Library
Click Go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work. In Windows 7, I got to 6. Adept, but when I click on it, I don't see export, only Activation or Device.

I can get to Export by right clicking on Adept, but that only brings up my document window.  No Export Range or opportunity to Select Range.

Very frustrating  that every time I borrow a book, I run into a new problem with ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is the correct fix. Works on my Windows 10 tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11. I have tried this process with no success. Please help. Tearing my hair out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have Windows 11 and the removal of the ADEPT file didn't help. I still keep getting the same error message. Are there any earlier versions of Adobe Digital Editions available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!! this worked after a fresh install and authorization on a new machine was giving me this error and nothing else worked. I did delete the app out of frustration before finding this solution but the authorization.dat file was still in the Library so i trashed it before reinstalling et voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow-up to above. I exported it to a file name and location, completed the other steps, re-authorized my ADE, and I still received the same "Error Getting license. License Server Communication Problem E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER" even though my account with the library where I borrowed the book has the same e-mail account as that on my ADE authorization account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error. I completed the steps that lead to putting the activation.dat file into the trash, reinstalled and authorized and the same error, "Error Getting license. License Server Communication Problem E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER" keeps popping up. PLEASE HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

& I have a MAC and the issue was not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since in this thread there are two solutions offered--one for MAC and one for Windows--it does not help to read "this works." Which one as you talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about how to solve the same problem for the app on Android?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.1. For some reason, it automatically authorized itself using an email address that was my Adobe ID 15 years ago. When I try to de-authorize this long ao no longer working or relevant email, which is no longer my Adobe ID, it asks for a password. I do not have that password from 15 years ago (!) and I need urgently to get this Adobe Digital Editions authoroized with my CORRECT and CURRENT Adobe ID and password. I would have thought that this programe would have noted and used the CORRECT Adobe ID, given that my Adobe Creative Cloud was up and running tbhroughout this entire 'attempted installation' process. Any fast and efficient help will be hugely appreciated. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two more key bits: I am on a late 2019 Mac Powerbook running OS 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the exact same problem...someone please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works on W10 HP Envy..Merci Beaucoup..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines