• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Freezes and Exits (Loading Books onto my Kobo Ereader)

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Usually, I check out books from my public library and I can load them from my own library in Adobe Digital Editions onto my Kobo ereader without any problem. However, I've checked out two books today and when I try to do just that (whether by dragging the covers into the Kobo device or by right-clicking and choosing to send them to my Kobo), the screen freezes and forces me to exit!

I've been trying (without success) for the past hours but nothing's working. The version is 4.5.7.

I can't even read a book into Adobe Digital Editions for it freezes again and kicks me out.

Please help me for I really want to read these books and don't wish to spend another three months waiting for them to become available again!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Catherine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I have the same problem. I bought a Kobo e-reader a few weeks ago and use ADE to download books from the library and from sources other than Kobo. All was ticking along nicely until a few days ago. I downloaded a new Epub book from Google Play and saved it onto my e-reader as usual. Then I tried to do the same with a second new book and a library book - since then ADE freezes and crashes. It starts to download the books and the green progress bar goes right to the end and then it freezes and ADE will no longer work. If I close the program and reopen it, it behaves properly with the books loaded prior to the problem, but crashes again with the new ones. I have uninstalled ADE several times but to no avail.  I have removed the two books added when the problem started from both ADE and the folder 'My Digital Editions' in Documents. But this hasn't solved anything.

Like Catherine above, I really want to read the books and it is so disappointing when everything was fine before. All I can think is that there is an incompatibility with the latest updates from Windows 10 and ADE. I should be SO grateful if someone can offer a solution. I have scoured forums and this seems to have been an ongoing issue over several years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since posting my initial message with the same problem, I went had an online chat with Kobo's customer support. I was advised to uninstall ADE 4.5.7 as they said that version was 'unwell' and recommended I then install ADE version 3. This I have now done - I had to fiddle around with authorisations (if you have to input your Adobe ID that is your email address and Adobe password) and hurray, I've now downloaded my new book and library book to my ereader! Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you SO MUCH! It works now!

Have a very nice day. Thanks again!

Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines