• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integrating Adobe PDF Tools with Microsoft Power Automate (CANNOT FIND BASE 64 ENCODED PRIVATE KEY)

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached the free trial quota for the integration which was 1000 uses. I just subscribed with a 5 cent per use charge since I don't have enough time to talk to a sales rep about increasing the quota.

I want to integrate PDF tools with microsoft power automate. I have all credentials such as the client id, client secret, technical account, etc, BUT I do not have the Base-64 encoded Private Key, I NEED this to integrate.

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 9.39.40 AM.png

 

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 9.40.12 AM.png

 

I can copy and past all these things to microsoft power automate.... BUT NO Base 64 encrypted private key. I have a downloaded zip with some info, but it the info in the downloaded zip does not match the info presented on my main projects screen for the specific API. 

TOPICS
Authentication , Document Generation API , PDF Embed API , PDF Services API , Power Automate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Adobe support had a look at this for me.  The fix was to cancel teh AWS subscription, create a new one and try again.  Worked 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Manage Connections settings of Power Automate, edit your connection.

2021-04-16_10-07-41.png

When the dialog first opens, the Client Secret and Base64 Encoded Private Key will be empty.

2021-04-16_10-09-16.png

Click in one of the fields. You'll be prompted to enter your password and then both fields will populate.

2021-04-16_10-09-49.png

Click into a field again to expose the actual value. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use this URL to create your PDF Tools key using this link, it will provide your key in Base64. Otherwise, if you create it from Adobe.io, you will have to encode your private key you downloaded and convert it to base64. 

3CD4570B-7399-4CCD-A5D0-AB6392BDEED7.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am experiencing similar issues having run a trial of the PDF Tools (which worked just fine for my use case).

After the trial I subscribed to the PDF Tools on AWS and followed the link through to Adobe to create my new project.  I had a "system error" display when adding the project (which was consistent for a couple of days and multiple restarts) but it did create them as they show on the Adobe Console.

When I go back into Power Automate and Edit the Connector, I dont get the password popup but can add the Secret and Private Key manually, which gets authenticated.  But then the Flows using the Connector timesout with (unsurprisngly):

Either Quota for this operation is not available or Free trial quota is exhausted. Please visit (www.adobe.com/go/pdftoolsapi_home) to start using free trial quota or (www.adobe.com/go/pdftoolsapi_err_quota) to upgrade to paid credentials.

So seems my AWS subscription is not tied to the Adobe Project, any way to force that connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I can not get AWS subscription to connect to the Power Automate API project. I have ben chatting with Adobe support and AWS support, they are just reffering to eachother. 
I tried using the private key as per answer below, via "normal" API key cridentials but I fails. Im stuck??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adlin5CD5_0-1622627735504.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support had a look at this for me.  The fix was to cancel teh AWS subscription, create a new one and try again.  Worked 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do the credentials come from? I don't understand how to create the credentials for a paid subscription. As far as I can tell, only trial subscription credentials can be created at adobe.io. What am I missing?

Is it really as simple as "cancel AWS subscription and create a new one"???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: yes it was really that simple. I did mess around with the AWS console and changed or enabled some settings in there... Not sure if any of that was necessary. There were some semi-obvious cues in the AWS Manage Subscriptions and License Manager sections that I followed. I basically just did whatever the prompts at the top of the page told me to do. Anyway, I don't believe that stuff was the problem. I cancelled the SaaS subscription for Adobe PDF Tools API and then made a new one and it worked right away.

Now, lets see if it keeps working after the 500-document quota that it gave me. AWS has my billing info, so I'm assuming we'll start generating a bill after we use up this quota. Wish me luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create credentials, it will download a ZIP file with the private.key and the pdftools-api-credentials.json files. If you open both of those in your text editor, you will see the values you need to enter into Power Automate. If you open the Private Key file, copy the entire contents of that file into the Private Key field. That should allow you to authenticate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben.  It seems to authenticate ok, just when the Flow runs it times-out.  Almost like the link to the paid AWS subscription is broken.  Setup with another trial to check it was not something in Flow, new trial worked fine.

Might go back to drawing board and register for a new AWS subscription and try again.

Shame as the process works very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Following your insctructions I get this:

Adlin5CD5_0-1622627855384.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are having similar issues and are considering switching to another provider... Have been trying for hours now to make this work. Tried to cancel the subscription in AWS and then recreated it, result remains the same. When I check the quota, it states '1002 of 1000 used'

Deleted all projects in Adobe, and created a new one. Same result. 

I'm not sure how to create my own base64 encoded key, so I did use the link https://www.adobe.com/go/powerautomate_getstarted to create a new project - as suggested.

What did I do wrong? Created several tickets already @ Adobe and @ AWS - no solution yet. AWS referred to Adobe. No response from Adobe )-:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked... but... how strange no...? 
Maybe a guide telling us to open both "private.key"-file and "pdfservices-api-credentials.json"-file. Thats not obvious for me at least... 

And also would be good to meantion that you need to include all data in the file as this: "-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----" and (password) "-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----"

Maybe its logic (for a dummie), but i cut that part out... 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources