• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

zoom controls not appearing

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to show the two zoom icons in page controls when embedding a PDF.

I find that all the config parameters in an EmbedAPI seems to be working. The config is as follows:

{
  "showAnnotationTools": false,
  "showDownloadPDF": false,
  "showPrintPDF": false,
  "showLeftHandPanel":false,
  "dockPageControls":false,
}

Screenshot from 2020-09-14 11-20-42.png

Is some other parameter to be given? Thanks

TOPICS
PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raju, 
Is this happening with all the PDFs or any particular PDF? Ideally, it should show zoom controls as well. If it is happening with a particular PDF, could you please help us by sharing the same if possible.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this problem ever fixed?  I am using the same configuration parameters and I'm seeing the same loss of the zoom controls. 

If I set the adobe-dc-view div size to 843 x 706, I get the zoom controls.  However if I set the dimensions to 706 x 615 (15% smaller) the controls disappear.  When the PDF loads, getZoomLimits() shows {minZoom: 0.112, maxZoom: 6.454}

My options are:

embedMode1: "FULL_WINDOW",
defaultViewMode: "FIT_WIDTH",
showPageControls: true,
showLeftHandPanel: false,
showDownloadPDF: false,
pagemode: false,
showPrintloadPDF: false,
showAnnotationTools: false,
enableSearchAPI: false

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, when the PDF opens the initial zoom level is 0.848.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the PDF viewer is smaller, then it will remove the zoom buttons. The logic behind this is if you are using a much smaller viewer, then it would be a mobile app so you would pinch and zoom to zoom in on the document. I have provided this feedback to the product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. 

My application uses a single-page PDF that is a high-resolution map of a 36 square mile area.  Adjacent to the map, there is a data table with a column containing 160 named locations.  Clicking on any location instantly centers the map on that named location with a zoom level of  2.5 to 6.0 (or maximum) which is a user setting.  The application is not for way-finding, but rather analysis which requires the juxtapostion of the table data and map.  Given the nature of the application, the map doesn't have to be particularly large.  The embedded viewer provides a very sharp, readable image at maximum zoom level.  I enabled the zoom buttons because there is also an option to use the map's current zoom level that was set manually by the user.  It's a nice, but not a must-have, feature.  I could create my own zoom buttons if necessary.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are having the same issue... when using embed mode the zoom controls are gone. This pretty much renders this view mode useless... the whole point of the pdf is to zoom in and out. How can we address this? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources