• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

12-month redeemed code only lasted 8 months...

New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this has been fun...

Redeemed a 12-month Photography plan code in October 2018, but my account shows as being up for renewal in May 2019. Apparently a year isn't what it used to be.

Contacted support who said there's nothing they can do, even when presented with the email from Adobe confirming the credit, along with the redeemed code used. Oh, they did offer to waive a cancellation fee if I cancel right now, though! How generous.

Quite possibly the worst customer support experience I've had with any company as there was zero attempt to investigate.

Be careful, everybody.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a case number you can post here? I will ask Adobe staff to look into that.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid not. This was done via the web chat and the agent wouldn't escalate it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your account on https://account.adobe.com you can see your support history:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's empty though: You have no support cases in your history.

Don't want to get too meta and open a ticket for that problem as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a question: Are you sure that you talked to Adobe support? There are a lot of impostors on the net!

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's via the account web-chat, and he knew my account details without being told.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, use the Bug Report Form to report the missing support case and let's see who from Adobe will show-up here. Adobe people bear the STAFF badge and have an Adobe logo behind their name.

I would also recommend to contact again customer care. A different agent may be proposing a real solution.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think you're wrong about the dates and your code has been applied before. have you had a subscription before applying this code or is it the first time?

Can you give the details of what you had before ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a 12-month redeemed code before, then around renewal (April/May) there's an email from Adobe talking about renewal, then an email saying "We made a mistake" because prices were wrong. No valid card on file, services stopped working. Then redeemed 12 months in October.

I know somebody is going to claim that the 12 months backdated to the original renewal date, but there was no service in that time and the subscription was inactive.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you used the products between May and October 2018 ?If yes ,that means you applied your code in April or May 2018 or you paid monthly fee between April and October .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didn't use them in that period. I once tried to launch Photoshop but it complained, so that's how I know it was inactive. The code was purchased in October 2018, so there's no way I could have applied it earlier... I have the emails of the code purchase and code redemption (email from Adobe) dating October 2018, so there's no room for misinterpretation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thisissobad  wrote

There was a 12-month redeemed code before, then around renewal (April/May) there's an email from Adobe talking about renewal, then an email saying "We made a mistake" because prices were wrong. No valid card on file, services stopped working. Then redeemed 12 months in October.

I know somebody is going to claim that the 12 months backdated to the original renewal date, but there was no service in that time and the subscription was inactive.....

Whether or not you used the products your original subscription started/ended in the month of May (so it seems). For whatever reason at some point Adobe gave you a Redemption code to extend your subscription for one year.

You say there was a 12 month redemption code before (Bold and Underlined above). So in fact you had been using the software at No cost to you.

When exactly did you get this newer redemption code. And exactly why are you complaining as it seems you have been able to use the Photography plan for nearly 2 years at no cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading comprehension seems to be at an all time low.

I have paid for *two* 12-month codes. How is that "at no cost"?

In those 24 months, Adobe software was inaccessible for 4 months. So I've paid for 24 months to get 20 months of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thisissobad  wrote

Reading comprehension seems to be at an all time low.

I have paid for *two* 12-month codes. How is that "at no cost"?

In those 24 months, Adobe software was inaccessible for 4 months. So I've paid for 24 months to get 20 months of use.

I see your problem. But my Reading Comprehension is very good from what you have written.

No where did you say I Bought the Photography plan from Amazon, until later in one of your replies. And then you never said I Bought Another Redemption code (or whatever) from wherever.

The problem lies in you using the same email address (IE the same Adobe ID) to Redeem the second code. That will always Extend your original subscription.

Now the question is why did you wait until around October to buy a plan extension. And clearly you did not want to continue using the software after the first year as you never included a way to pay for it. No CC on file.

Oh well, Best of Luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thisissobad  wrote

Redeemed a 12-month Photography plan code in October 2018, but my account shows as being up for renewal in May 2019. Apparently a year isn't what it used to be.

May I ask where and how you got this Photography Plan redemption code and when did you actually get it?

A request has been made for a Staff member to try and help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazon (official not a random reseller). October 5th 2018

Email confirmation from Adobe: Creative Cloud Photography plan (one-year)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thisissobad  wrote

Amazon (official not a random reseller). October 5th 2018

Email confirmation from Adobe: Creative Cloud Photography plan (one-year)

Oh I see you bought a subscription from Amazon and they supplied you with a redemption code.

But that doesn't mean that whenever, at whatever time, Adobe gave you a new redemption code, for what it sounds like for FREE, to "EXTEND" your original subscription that the subscription should start when you redeemed that code. It was to Extend your subscription not start a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines