• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2018 CC apps running extremely slow on imac pro

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded 2018 CC apps to a new imac pro and couldn't believe how slow it took to open an illustrator file (about 40 secs!) compared to approx. 13 seconds on my 2013 Mac Pro. (1.2 mb file with text only) I even uninstalled 2018 and reinstalled 2017 and its still super slow, are they coming out with a fix anytime soon?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

no.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I did a clean uninstall and install, wouldn't the prefs file be deleted and reset upon a new install? I actually contacted apple (since I'm still under warranty) they suggested it was adobe software that needed updating to take advantage of the new processor speeds...but I appreciate your sugg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This, actually solved my problem. Also unticking the GPU box in the prefs tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too! I can't believe my brand new ridiculously expensive iMac pro is running AfterEffects and Premiere slower than my 8 year old macbook. Crazy disappointing. Hope this gets resolved somehow. Any tips are appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you reset your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reset mine as per your advice. It helped somewhat. But didn't solve the problem entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  Good to know and I do appreciate your response.  I may not have "tested everything" but in the few tests I did, it helped significantly.

My opinion:  I don't think graphic drivers in general have got paired up with P3, Metal etc. (I'm on a MAC) when using highSierra yet.  I also found bugs, (along with a whole slew of other folks) when using my iPAD with Procreate that now supports P3 and Metal. In the case of iOS and Procreate, it turned out to be an OS/GPU driver issue.  I don't want to go off thread here but I think P3 and Metal have a way to go in conjunction with OSes and GPU drivers.

I will stay connected to this thread for now as I am very interested in how this all works out over time.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in: we had this issue way before High Sierra and going on for approx. 12 months now… we were actually hoping for HS / Metal 2 and Adobe CC18 to get this fixed. Turning off GPU acceleration makes it a lot worse for us unfortunately, especially with an external display connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is now officially commenting on performance issues, confirming it's an issue indeed:

Adobe Customer Care on Twitter: "The team is aware of the issue and are tracking volume on it, which...

If you have a second, please upvote here:

Ilustrator needs to have the option to use Animated Zoom in Outline Mode – Adobe Illustrator Feedbac...

Illustrator doesn't need Animated Zoom in Outline Mode, of course, but GPU-acceleration in all view modes; the latter apparently being mandatory for Animated Zoom in Outline-Mode as well. Please vote!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in here - 2009 Mac Pro running El Capitan 10.11.6 (highest I can go with hardware).  Dreamweaver especially has been frustratingly slow for 6 months + and as of last week, everything Adobe (including Dreamweaver, which was already slow) has imploded.  2.4 hrs to export a 8 second, soundless, 800 x 500 video out of Premiere....  30 seconds to complete a crop function in Photoshop...  ooof.

I'm guessing whatever is happening is not a High Sierra issue entirely.  Something updated at the turn of 2018, and then again last week that caused a major resource hog across all Adobe CC products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happening to me, i cant beliave how slow after effects work on mi brand new imacpro, what is happening¿¿?¿???¿?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running super smooth now or still laggy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like everything Adobe is running slow these days.  Google "Adobe Creative Cloud too slow" in just the last month and you'll see a bunch of apps mentioned from Photoshop to Premiere to Lightroom to Media Encoder - and a lot of threads here in the forums.  Seems like a big complaint for a lot of folks.

Mine not only take a long time to launch, but frequently go into "Not Responding".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue with AI, highSierra and the GPU setting.  Go to Preferences > Performance  Uncheck the GPU tick box and see if that helps.  It certainly did for me.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iMac (currently running macOS High Sierra, 10.13.2) was running the programs incredibly slow. To the point where I couldn't make a selection in Photoshop, edit in Lightroom, etc.

Running a system report only showed that the programs were open and running correctly.

I went to uninstall the programs and try again, and was presented with an option to repair issues. This fixed the issue for me. For the most part at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac Pro 10 core on order and I am as nervous as can be about Adobe ad this computer running MAC OS 10.13.4

I think this OS and Adobe are not friends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. After Effects is worthless to my 10 core iMac Pro. I am ready to cancel my subscription and use one of the photoshop "like" apps on the App Store, as well as a few other similar apps. I use Motion mostly now and it is killer and runs a thousand times better that after effects . that thing is completely unusable . I hate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Apple has covertly tried again, to snub Adobe *joking*

But no, this is a real problem that Adobe products would perform so poorly on such a piece of hardware.

I think with the scope and severity of this thread, Adobe MUST be paying attention?

One common thread in all this, at least on the MAC seems to be High Sierra, but it seems some Windows users are experiencing difficulties as well.

What would be really helpful at this point is if Adobe made some kind of official statement and timeframe they hope to resolve this in.

Adobe, like Apple, tends to "say nothing".  I kinda' understand why, but it sure makes it hard for us as customers to be confident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same over here. Running latest update of CC 2018 Audition with MacBook Pro 2017 13in with High Sierra. 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 with 16GB memory. Rainbow wheel almost every time I switch from multitrack to waveform. Now it's even giving me the rainbow wheel just in multitrack editing. Pretty obnoxious and really time consuming. I've had Audition crash a few times as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe forum moderators:  CC Just pushed out several updates today.  None for AI but in general, given the depth and breath of these performance issues, were any of the fixes targeting performance?

It would be "right neighborly" of you to detail those and how we might verify these are making any difference for us here in the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a few days...

Can anyone update me if the latest MAC OS Update 10.13.4 solved issues with Adobe Illustrator on the iMAC Pro?

Please update me on if performance issues are resolved?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^What he said, performance is abysmal For illustrator cc 2018 on my brand new iMac Pro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines