• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activating photoshop elements and premier elements 14

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone may shed some light on this issue. I have photoshop elements and premier elements 14 (disk version-in case that makes a difference). I just opened them and put them on my (brand new) computer a couple weeks ago. I was able to download them, entered the activation code from inside the box, was given a serial number. Then when I went to log in, it tells me the serial number is expired. I have reached out to adobe, who just pushes me off to someone else, and then claims I need to take it up with Best Buy (where it was purchased from). When talking to Best Buy, they seem to want to help, but they say it's an adobe issue. I have been told numerous reasons, but never the same reason twice. I realize some of this is on me for not loading the software sooner, had I know it would "expire" I would have. But, I still don't understand why I can't use the software, I feel like adobe could do something. Does anyone have any insight if this should be able to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

@Sarah36538232ta1e, thanks for your question, and thanks to @Greg_S. for tagging me.

@Sarah36538232ta1e I am sorry, but I can confirm the information provided in Case ADB-33553501-K3M1 is accurate, and the Photoshop Elements 2014 license you bought from Best Buy expired last year. I would encourage you to purchase a new license from Adobe directly at https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html?promoid=W6K8JLJC&mv=other to make sure you are buying a non-expiring license for Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Good question, Sarah. It will depend upon the license you purchase. Once the software is registered you can verify with our chat support team if an expiration date was included or not.

The licenses for Photoshop Elements 2024, available at https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html?promoid=W6K8JLJC&mv=other, do not include an expiration date.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sarah36538232ta1e are you saying that this software was purchased (about 10 years ago) from Best Buy and that you are now attempting to use it on a new computer for the first time?  Or has the software been installed before on other computers?  And can you please post a screenshot of the actual message that you are receiving upon installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BD7764E4-EA65-4DFB-A26A-F8BFF39607CA.jpeg
I you are correct, it was purchased I believe Dec 2015 from Best Buy, and just now (about 3 weeks ago) attempted to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, Sarah.  I am trying to get somebody from Adobe to clarify what is going on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Hopefully you will get better response than me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sarah36538232ta1e, thanks for your question, and thanks to @Greg_S. for tagging me.

@Sarah36538232ta1e I am sorry, but I can confirm the information provided in Case ADB-33553501-K3M1 is accurate, and the Photoshop Elements 2014 license you bought from Best Buy expired last year. I would encourage you to purchase a new license from Adobe directly at https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html?promoid=W6K8JLJC&mv=other to make sure you are buying a non-expiring license for Photoshop Elements 2024. I would also recommend contacting Best Buy for any concerns about the license for Photoshop Elements 2014 that you purchased from them.

You can use the steps listed in  https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to review the information provided in Case ADB-33553501-K3M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I purchase a new license, will that too become expired and unusable as well at some point in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good question, Sarah. It will depend upon the license you purchase. Once the software is registered you can verify with our chat support team if an expiration date was included or not.

The licenses for Photoshop Elements 2024, available at https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html?promoid=W6K8JLJC&mv=other, do not include an expiration date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright, can you please take a look at @Sarah36538232ta1e's problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines