• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation of CS3 - How To? [CS3 is dead, locked]

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to activate Photoshop CS3.  Minutes ago I was advised by Adobe Support technician that there is a way to activate it.  I was directed to post my issue, after which, I was told an expert would reply and provide the details for activating this program.  As I browse thru community the only replies to this question is that it is not possible.  I do not use Photoshop  for professional purposes, just occaissionally for personal use and have enjoyed it.  My viewpoint is that I paid for what was described as a perpetual license and now Adobe is not allowing me to use program.  How do I activate this program... somthing to do with reverting backwards....?

Thank you in advance to the EXPERT.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

That support person is completely wrong

>only replies to this question is that it is not possible

That is correct... it is NOT possible

The CS3 (and earlier) activation server has been retired... there is NO WAY to activate CS3

At one time Adobe provided a special version that did not require the activation server, but that version is no longer available

Your only option for an Adobe product that does not require a subscription is Photoshop Elements

ELEMENTS 2021 FAMILY

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That support person is completely wrong

>only replies to this question is that it is not possible

That is correct... it is NOT possible

The CS3 (and earlier) activation server has been retired... there is NO WAY to activate CS3

At one time Adobe provided a special version that did not require the activation server, but that version is no longer available

Your only option for an Adobe product that does not require a subscription is Photoshop Elements

ELEMENTS 2021 FAMILY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here it is in black-and-white from Adobe's Help page:

Creative Suite archive

Creative Suite 2 and 3: You can no longer reinstall Creative Suite 2 or 3 even if you have the original installation disks. The aging activation servers for those apps had to be retired.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines