Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding background to text box on Adobe Portfolio

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm creating a website on Adobe Portfolio, and I'm just onto creating the About Me page.

portfolio.jpg

I would like there to be a transparent white background on the text on the right, just to make it a little easier to read against the background, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that. Surely there must be a way, right? 😄 

Thanks!

Joanna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joanna,

I've been wondering how to do this too - did you ever figure it out?

Thanks,

Rich 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patterned backgrounds in content areas are a really bad idea. 

See this help article for more ideas.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035899754-Welcome-page-images-backgrounds

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I can understand why that is on a base level, but surely if Adobe just added the option to add a background to a text box, patterned backgrounds wouldn't really be a problem? I'm a pattern designer, I'd like to have pattern on my website haha! 

Thanks,

Joanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most pattern designers let their work speak for itself.   No background images desired.

Ornate Animal Patterns by Maggie EnterriosOrnate Animal Patterns by Maggie Enterrios

That said, feel free to submit your feature request directly to the Adobe Portfolio Team.  If enough other people agree, they might add it to their road map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to request this feature: add background to textbox - but really to any "sections" like photogrid, images, or video. Even just to be able to select a background color for the textbox would be great. 

It would be extremely helpful to demarcate sections on my website pages and make certain elements pop, rather than have a continuous look when scrolling. A lot of creative websites feature this design element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich!

No sorry, I never figured it out! 😞 Frustrating, as you'd think it would be very simple but I guess not haha..

Joanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how much this will help you but I created my own background image and fiddled with it until it lined up behind my text! I screen shot the page preview, threw it into photoshop and put rectangles over the text to mark it out, set the colour, deleted the background and export. Worked really well for me! 

defaultrccfnzzmaecb_0-1602601376397.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Luke Barker 

What's the URL to your Portfolio?  This could go to hell in a handbasket especially when end users increase their text size.

You cannot nail jelly to a wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from download and install">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines