• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe & Creative Cloud Helper apps in the Utilities folder (macOS)

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Utilities folder in the launchpad is full with those Adobe / Creative Cloud apps (for example Core Sync, Creative Cloud helper, CC Throubleshooter...)

I want to know if there is any way I can hide those apps, because this literally messes up my folder.

I'm using a 2019 MacBook Air Core i5 1.6 GHz.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot move the apps or hide them. All of them, apparently, do something you need, or Adobe want you to have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems intrusive and unnecessary to have the adobe product all over a mac taking up resources and space forcing more reads and wries slowing down my machine and wasting valuable space. A ton of security flaws and open doors that never existed or was needed before as well.  And why is ADOBE THE ONLY SOFTWARE  on MacTHAT HAS A SHARED USER ACCESS??? Adobe not responding like apple to these questions is almost criminal negligence as they dont support thier own products and get paid a ton of money for it. I may find new software to work with my meida if they cannot amend these practices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also noticed that my Mac Utilities folder now has the following subfolders:
/Adobe Applications Manager

/Adobe Creative Cloud

/Adobe Creative Cloud Experience

/Adobe Installers

/Adobe Sync
Is there a reason why Adobe needs to store files under my Mac Utilities when other apps don't require this? For the common user it would be pertinent to have an example of what to expect in our system directories. Any help or documentation would be apreciated.

This comes at a time that I'm having issues with cashing, and I notice that this is due to a significant amount of drive space occupied by my Adobe CC apps since the latest updates (2020). (Cache purged and temp files deleted)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree! Seems intrusive and unnecessary to have the adobe product all over a mac taking up resources and space forcing more reads and wries slowing down my machine and wasting valuable space. A ton of security flaws and open doors that never existed or was needed before as well.  And why is ADOBE THE ONLY SOFTWARE  on MacTHAT HAS A SHARED USER ACCESS??? Adobe not responding like apple to these questions is almost criminal negligence as they dont support thier own products and get paid a ton of money for it. I may find new software to work with my meida if they cannot amend these practices. Im embarrased for their management team handling these decisions and unable to provide a fake, or the preferred credible answer .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines