• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe applications cant find themselves after moving them to another disk, how do I make it work aga

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

Recently i decided to clear my Windows SSD card cause it didnt have any space left, so i copied the adobe programs and files to another hard drive on my pc (data D). After that, i deleted the files from the ssd card. My problem now is that the creative cloud app is still on my ssd card, but i'm scared to delete them because what if my projects will be deleted?

My question is: how do I make the shortcuts work again so the adobe app can find all the applications from my D card instead of ssd card? Do i uninstall and re- install?

Hope someone can help me out 🙂

TOPICS
Activation , CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CAN'T do that and expect anything to work.

You have to Reinstall the programs. There is a way to install the Adobe programs, NOT the CC Desktop App, to some other INTERNAL (Not External) drive in your system but I'm not going ot go into that.

You need to Move other Files, personal files or what ever, off the C system drive to create the space, NOT Program files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, thank you! So just to be sure, if i remove all the programs does that mean my premiere files and projects will be removed also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YOUR Project files should be saved in either the standard "Documents" folder found on both Windows and Mac OS X (Windows use to call it My Documents) or in some other folder that YOU Chose at the time of doing the First save of them. So NO removing, Uninstalling, a Program does not remove, delete, the personal files you created with that program, Normally. Of course if you chose to save those file in a folder INSIDE the actual Programs working folder structure then anything can happen.

BUT If you do not have complete and current backups of ALL your Personal Data that is something you should do NOW!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John the second link is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

So just to be sure - if i follow these steps and remove the programs - does that mean my premiere files and projects will be removed also? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On iPads, all app files are inside the apps, so deleting an app deletes all your work. But Windows isn’t like that. But, your question raises a very important point: you NEED TO KNOW where all your files and projects are stored. It’s your choice and if you don’t pay attention and choose wisely you can end up with very big problems. To start with, if you don’t know where it is, how can you back up? Anyway, before you do anything else find out where you saved all your files and projects, and make backup (safety) copies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines