• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC 2017 - More bugs than the amazon rainforest

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody else think that this new update to CC is a disaster?

Photoshop just does nothing now. I open it up, and choose to open something or create a new image, it hangs there and does nothing. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it already today to avail - takes a couple of hours. Fail!

Adobe Dreamweaver is now so much worse than it was before, and that's saying something. There's a really really really annoying lag between when I type and the text appears. When you select a colour from the colour picker, it then selects the text for no apparent reason, which means when you select I colour and muscle memory tells me to close the tag with a semi-colon, it overwrites it. Super annoying!

When you open a quote, it automatically adds the closing quote. Why? Just why?  Is it really that inconvenient for people to have to close their quotes? Again, muscle memory tells me to close the quote, but now I have to change that. This is a recurring theme in the new Dreamweaver.

Quick view is pretty neat in theory, but when you're dealing with a large site with big or numerous style sheets attached, it's anything but quick and the just program hangs.

Every time you type something, it's bringing up that annoying autocomplete box. Every...single...time. Lag lag lag.....

I work on a Dell Alienware 17 laptop with a Corei7 processor and a 32G of ram. It powers through games like there's no tomorrow, and renders 3D models in a heartbeat, yet this jumped-up notepad gives it so much trouble.

I really don't want to update the rest of the programs. I can't afford to lose Illustrator or After Effects - I'll lose my job. The amount of trouble I have got into today from not hitting deadlines is frankly ridiculous, and my clients don't want to hear "my software doesn't work"

Adobe, can you please bug test properly before release. At the moment you are the market leaders in creative software, but if you keep releasing this bloated nonsense and charge £50 per month, people will look to alternatives. I certainly know I am.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

This is an open forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - absolute disaster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disagree.  No problems whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. Adobe CC 2017 uninstalled all previous versions, then installed software that doesn't work. All I get is Error 16 no matter what software program I try to load. And despite three promises in one week, I have never been contacted by the elevated techs. I think they are hiding under their desks. I've been without any ability to use Adobe software for one week now. Can somebody explain to me why I'm paying a monthly license fee for software that was released way too soon and full of bugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said it.  I used to have a good set programs that worked together beautifully.  Now suddenly I can't open anything!!!  I don't ask for the Earth, just image editors that allow me to edit images.  I am NOT impressed!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

Created new AE files, worked fine. Dynamic linked in PP, got blocks (no other way to put it).

Tried to open project back in AE (after rendering 5 previous videos) and now AE is telling me that the files are corrupted? WTF?

Let me tell you about exporting from PP to Audition-

At first, files wouldn't even open. So re-installed CC 2017 (supposedly "PP" didn't make a connection since Audition was installed first), import worked (Did 5 videos). On the 6th video- half of the audio was missing and the rest was grossly distorted.

These large corporations are out of control. As much as they charge us to just use the programs, it is crappy that they expect up to be there "beta" testers as well. Almost as bad as Amazon using it customers as their sales reps. . . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy mother of word Geeeeeeez I hate the new Dreamweaver cc update I'm trying so hard not to swear in this reply but Damn I hate it ha here's somefing funny you can try....... try making two divs and watch the entire site pad itself on the left side of your screen by 1 frikking px then try inputting margin:0px; and watch it give you the finger then oh I love this ask it to take the width of a 100% then watch it give some elements the 100% width and some 99% to the right then then I can't understand this part at all you give a div an overflow property of hidden and watch the contents inside go ahead and overflow anyway !!!!!!!!! geeeeeeeez I can't even understands half of these new features that they say they have I like the live update but when it hangs I start doubting myself in.most cases I start flipping through scripts asking myself where I missed a colon I really hate when from Dreamweaver cc 2015 everyfing was so smooth and worked perfectly where I knew what I was doing the change makes it feel like I'm a web designer that has just started fresh outta school all over again Dreamweaver pls do somefing about these insane bugs I know it's not the html that's the problem here it's the software I always fight people and tell em.that Dreamweaver has got my back all the time but Wif this new release I'm.finding it hard to stand behind you guys I meAn even adobe code was great if you wanted us to become true developers code was a step.in the right direction here I feel like you just let me down and I wanna believe again plz fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

Lots of small changes slowing you down, like the new Cmd+N dialog in Photoshop but nothing has became faster or easier.

Looks like an update for update sake. It seems that Adobe avoids dealing with real problems like a slow and obsolete engine or poor legacy interfaces and makes silly gimmicks instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is INSANELY buggy. Finally downgrading back to 2015.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2017 is a total disaster. I uninstalled it and cancelled my license. Now, how the hell do I get the Adobe Creative Cloud management program off my computer? It keeps opening when I boot my computer and says I have an update for Lightroom. I can't seem to uninstall it, as it says I have software on my computer that requires it. I don't want anything to do with the cloud software. I have installed my old CS 6 versions of my Adobe programs and they work perfectly. But I can't get rid of the Creative Cloud software. HOW DO I UNINSTALL THE CREATIVE CLOUD MANAGEMENT PROGRAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard from Adobe, an email that said my case has been escalated to a "senior" tech--the same thing I've been told by three phone-based agents over the past week, but NOBODY has actually contacted me. This email suggested that I re-install the older versions, and told me how to do it through Creative Cloud. I made the mistake of following their advice. Now, neither the old or the new versions work. I am dead in the water. What ever happened to the Adobe software that used to be an industry standard for excellence? I am thoroughly out of business without this software and I have been now for more than a week.

To add insult to injury, I got a note requesting that I change my credit card info so they can bill me my monthly fee. They love taking our money, but see no need to provide working software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very happy to report that I have found a solution to the Error 16 problem that has plagued virtually every Adobe software program on my system, both 2017 and 2015. I have found that by setting User Account Control (under Settings) to its lowest setting (Never Notify), and then by adjusting the properties of each Adobe software program to Run as Administrator, that every program now works every time. I hope this helps some of the rest of you.

One problem remains: I cannot drag and drop files into any of these programs, and everything that I have tried to fix this has failed. Does anybody have any ideas on this one? The Adobe techs have been useless in solving any of these problems so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's been four weeks now, and still no answer or phone call from Adobe. They obviously have no intention of working with any of us. I have been told FOUR TIMES by a chat agent that they will accelerate the issue to a senior agent and that I can expect to be contacted within two days (sometimes even being given a specific time). BUT NO ONE HAS CALLED AND NO ANSWER HAS BEEN PROVIDED. Thank God I was able to figure out how to make the programs work temporarily by turning off user account control and running them as an administrator. But I still can't drag and drop, and the programs themselves are full of bugs. Adobe is nothing but a sad figment of what it used to be--a world-class software company with exemplary support. Now, evidentally, they really don't give a damn about customer relations. I'm going to report my experience on every Web forum I can find, and I am also going to inform my students at the university to stay away from Creative Cloud. Older versions worked. 2017 absolutely does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll chime in as well.  This release is a disaster, stability-wise. Premiere just crashed on me while moving a single line of text around in the Title window! I had a multicam render to do yesterday. A 20min, three camera piece. And Encoder crashed FOUR TIMES mid-render before it finally completed a successful render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just cancel your subscription to the CC software. I did that and am using my old CS6 discs which work perfectly. For video editing I purchased Pinnacle Studio 20. Adobe is having a disaster trying to update their software several times a year. It just is not a good way to handle software. By the time they fix the problems for a particular update, it is time to issue another update. So the vicious circle keeps on spinning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To rschase@chasewebs.com: Glad to see you are spreading the word about cancelling CC and not subscribing to it in the first place. Adobe will lose big time on this. For $600/year it is a disgrace. Microsoft charges about $70/year to have a subscription to Office, which includes a lot of programs. It has never crashed with all the updates since I started subscribing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the latest sad story on Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 error 16 issues. FOR THE FIFTH TIME in four weeks, I got an email from Adobe Support on my case number 0188381468, from an anonymous support agent named suppnr@adobe.com which is the SAME FORM RESPONSE I've had four times before. It says: "please provide a callback time and number so we can schedule a callback for you." I did this and told them two different days and times when they could call. Of course, THEY DID NOT CALL at the requested times. Instead, they called me four days later at a time when I am not in my office. And, having failed to reach me, they DROPPED the effort. The call was from India.

It is so apparent by this time that Adobe has no idea what's going on, and has no real intent to try to work with me (or anybody else) to solve it. They are hiding under their desks in India.  I have spoken with Chat agents on each of the first four tries, and none of them could figure out why this is happening. All of them "elevated" the issue to an administrator and promised immediate call-backs within one or two days. NONE of these callback occurred.

I have already told my students at the local University to steer clear of Adobe Cloud, especially 2017, BECAUSE IT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK. And, to add insult to injury, I continued to get messages reminding me to pay my monthly subscription fee. I've paid it. But I'm ready to tell them where they can put the next reminder. I don't like paying for software that simply doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rschase%40chasewebs.com,

Apologies of the inconvenience faced by you,

I have raised an escalation for you, CCRT 59605, you should be contacted shortly, let us know in case of delay of more than 24 hours.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. I primarily use Photoshop and Dreamweaver and have been since their creation many, many years ago. These 2017 upgrades are incomprehensible. What used to be intuitive is no longer. Just tried to update a webpage and was unable to. After 25 some years, I guess I'm going to have to go back to BEGINNER TUTORIAL. Shouldn't happen!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, After effects riddled with playback, memory and preference bugs.

Premiere crashes on little things like pasting text into a title, or replacing footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding plenty of irritating bugs in this CC Illustrator which are very frustrating and time wasting. And now I've had to "re-save" a particular file many times with a new name because I keep getting the "Unknown Error Occurred" message, and it's not a particularly complex document. Plus, some of the new functionality is NOT helpful at all and do not make drawing easier, and the dumbed-down instructions (see the new document set up page!) are annoying. I'm not loving this Creative Cloud thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CS6 does the job with no glitches. I reinstalled it after cancelling my CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a lot of people are upset, Fstoppers just did a piece on adobe and the comments are great

Changes We Wish Adobe Would Make to Creative Cloud | Fstoppers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any shadow of a doubt, the Creative Cloud series, which is intended to lock customers into a perpetual fee payment, has utterly blown up in the face of Adobe and their attempt to create a permanent monopoly. They would be wise to fix these problems quickly as this is how competition arises; they're not the only ones who can code in Postscript and bring things to market.

Adobe, fix your mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines