• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC downgrade back to CS 4 - duplicate locked

New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to downgrade my Adobe design/photo software back to CS 4, which I have on CD. I have cancelled my CC subscription.

I've been talking to Adobe Support over the last 24 hours. They can't get it to install. I get major installation errors and trouble with Adobe Cleaner Tool, which just freezes—both installing CS 4 from my CD and from the Adobe software link they provide.

Is Adobe CS 4 not compatible with Yosemite 10.10.5 after all? I had researched all of this and had read it was compatible. There is some kind of conflict—or leftover Adobe CC data in the system?—that prevents me from installing it on the same computer and OS that it was on before I had to upgrade to CC a few years back.

Something in the CC upgrade made my CS 4 deactivated and from what I've been reading from other Adobe CC users, it was intentional on the part of Adobe.

I just saw a post that talks about using an external hard drive and booting an older OS on that. https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-10421

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to get the cleaner tool to work, this is surely key. If you don’t run it, CC licensing will still be running. So please give us full details on that failure, you can’t skip it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your response. I have tried the cleaner tool many, many times, with Adobe support on chat. No one in Chat seemed to be able to help me at all, even with a remote support review. I'll keep trying and send any details as I can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines