Comunidade dedicada para falantes de coreano
Sair
Bloqueada

Adobe Creative Cloud applications on Ubuntu/Linux

Funcionário da Adobe ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copiar link para a área de transferência

Copiado

Adobe Creative Cloud does not support Ubuntu/Linux. 

Please see the minimum system requirements needed to use Creative Cloud:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

Visualizações

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
Seja respeitoso, dê crédito à fonte original do conteúdo e verifique se há cópias antes da publicação. Saiba mais
community guidelines
Iniciante na comunidade ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copiado

This lady, Kanika convince me not to pay anymore to ADOBE. And i already convince one of my friend to switch to DARKTABLE. There always is a open source way...

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
Seja respeitoso, dê crédito à fonte original do conteúdo e verifique se há cópias antes da publicação. Saiba mais
community guidelines
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copiado

We use ubuntu because that is what our servers run on, that's it, plain and simple. If adobe won't adapt, then we'll have to bid adieu. We can't buy two machines where one will do.

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Novato ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copiado

Here is some helpful information about linux alternatives to Adobe products.

https://itsfoss.com/adobe-alternatives-linux/

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Novato ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copiado

This may be the real answear https://www.photopea.com/

very similar to photoshop ,also includes svg and its on browser ,you don't have to install it .

The best part is free

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Explorador ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copiado

Better than GIMP?

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Convidado
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copiado

Just checked it out on youtube. 

Making placed images smart objects already makes it better than gimp and it looks super I intuitive. I'm gonna try and update my illustrator svg portfolio with it and export as PDF... Fingers crossed haha thanks for the link!

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Novato ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copiado

Linux is developed by the whole world, free of charge - this is better for all of humanity than, a closed development. Why do not you want / against the people?

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copiado

Adobe is not doing anything "against" anyone... they are simply putting their development time into what the Adobe board of directors sees as best for the company

Cloud on Linux was first asked 8-29-2012 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1057800 and it has not happened... I do not see it ever happening

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copiado

fear_13th  wrote

Linux is developed by the whole world

That’s a little bit optimistic... Linux has it’s merits, but if I tell you that we have around 1700 Windows computers and half a dozen Linux servers, you see why Adobe is putting it’s resources into Windows and MacOS and not into Linux.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Novato ,

Copiado

i will buy adobe products when there is support for linux main distros (such as Debian, Red Hat ...). but for now .... good luck comrades

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Novato ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copiado

Are you guys really waiting for such a thing?

Do you think that Adobe would let Apple get bankrupted for letting Linux absolutely take the lead?

Think of it, Linux has the best OS but they have support issues if Adobe helps them stand out that, then be certain that Apple and Windows are out.

Hint: Adobe and Apple share the same source ownership and of course the monopolistic strategy

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copiado

You are talking glibberish. Adobe and Apple are different companies with different strategies. They are working together on some points and are in competition on others.

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Novato ,

Copiado

that's just the point, when software giants start supporting Linux - then Windows and MacOS will disappear, because can not compete with Linux

зы. how many times do translators use for a language, and how many times do I see that English is created only for machines

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copiado

Adobe has no stakes in Windows or MacOS. If Adobe decides to support additional OSs it will be based on busines considerations. I’m sure that some of the Adobe activity is using Linux systems. But not the desktop applications.

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Novato ,

Copiado

What did you add to my comment. I didn't say they are the same company. But they have no difference

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copiado

I didn’t indicate that you said they were the same company. They are very different to each other because their scope is different.

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Novato ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copiado

HI !

I have a different point of view.

After read some many bla bla bla, i think so.

Company want only $, so Linux isnt on his visual.

Linux is stable, efficient, no cost if you want, so, for now, is a strange system for company like Adobe and Microsoft, but they use Linux inside this company, that's ironic. Microsoft use for Azure, Adobe for other.

Think, in the future, Microsoft build some version of Win10 based on linux, i'm sure.

I hope some open source product work better in the future, like Scribus, Inkscape, Gimp and other, so we dont put on WC many other money.

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copiado

This has been going on years. It makes me angry that a company with such a monopoly in this market is being so lazy and greedy.

You've clearly got the market need.

Please provide a clear route to at least Photoshop on Linux. Ideally the whole CC suite.

I truly believe your lack of action will be the end of your dominance. I hope so, anyway.

This isn't fair and you are showing a lack of care to your loyal fanbase.

This ruins your brand, for me. As soon as a decent alternative for Photoshop comes along, I will jump ship.

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copiado

As you say, Linux has been requested for years - Cloud on Linux https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1057800

My opinion (I don't work for Adobe) is If you must use Linux, you are going to have to use different programs

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines

Copiado

It seems we will need to find alternatives - but it makes me very angry at Adobe that I either need to change apps or change OS's for their whim.

I use Linux because I'm a front-end programmer. I'm also a web designer that need Adobe.

They have been ignoring the needs of the users for the long-term.

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Explorador ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copiado

The good news here is that - for video work at least - there is an alternative on the market that is available for Linux, and in many ways is better than PPro - with far fewer bugs and performance issues.  It also has a free version available and doesn't tie you to a subscription.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you.... DaVinci Resolve:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/

As a Photoshop/Illustrator alternative, I recommend campaigning Serif to port Affinity Photo and Designer.  I suspect that they'd be far easier to sway.

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Colaborador ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copiado

No that's just silly.  Apple are clearly giving up on computers to focus on selling phones for the easily confused market. We will soon be in a situation where creative apps (computer apps, not the useless mobile app fluff adobe churn out) will effectively be on Windows only. I'd prefer some more choice for my editing rig than Windows or make some amateur thing on an iPad

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copiado

Gibsonsg88  wrote

(...)  Apple are clearly giving up on computers to focus on selling phones for the easily confused market. We will soon be in a situation where creative apps (computer apps, not the useless mobile app fluff adobe churn out) will effectively be on Windows only. I'd prefer some more choice for my editing rig than Windows or make some amateur thing on an iPad

Did you know that Adobe is porting Photoshop to the iPad? https://www.adobe.com/uk/creativecloud/photoshop-ecosystem.html

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Explorador ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copiado

I'd also like to add my vote for this oft-requested feature, and add some further clarification.

I am currently a subscriber to the full creative-cloud suite. I'm also a designer, a software engineer, and am often described as a "full stack" developer... Truly "full" stack given that I'll also work with UI/UX and artistic assets.

I use Linux, extensively, it would be my OS of choice for all seasons if not prevented by certain software not being available.  Specifically CC, keynote and omnigraffle.  So when I see official replies like this, it makes me want to weep:

Again, we've done the research.  The profits aren't there -- very few Linux users are willing to pay for commercial software.  And the cost of entry is still high because of the fragmented Linux landscape.

Because it's the wrong research.  This isn't a request to make CC available to a new market of existing Linux users.  It's a request to make it available on a better platform to existing, paying, CC subscribers.  Many of us gave up on Windows long ago for various reasons, and macOS is just getting worse and worse with each new release.  They're both poor choices for various reasons, and I'd happily give them both up if not otherwise tethered.

It feels like my hand is being forced by Adobe here, I'm being made to use a system I'd rather not.  Sooner or later someone will produce Linux alternatives to the CC suite apps that I use that are good enough against a background of macOS becoming increasingly unbearable.  When the pain of using an inferior OS outweighs the pain of using an inferior app.  On that day I'll be jumping ship... simply because Adobe was so myopic as to obsess about a growth strategy without also considering what's needed to retain existing customers.

I wonder how many other existing, paying, users feel the same way?  How many others are in the same boat (and potentially willing to jump from it)?

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copiado

In the past, I put several studios I cooperated with, to go with the Adobe platform for the support on the heavier visuals we were producing. However, when we went further independent (building up for TV Series & Films), we remained on the security and stability of Linux, which is vital for projects of this state. Everything we once suffered with on OSX and crashed crazily on Windows, remained rock solid on Linux. Now we run everything on that OS.

More recently I worked with a director, who used OSX & his blood pressure was through the roof with crashes - while my alternatives (building content for him) suffered ZERO on my Linux stations.

For that reason, the stations we're working on have switched to BMD (BlackMagic)and they have now become the platform we started suggest to people and companies we work with. Guess what, some are already starting to listen.

Besides, there are unified architectures to handle the "fragmented" Linux region. They are called Snap Packs & App Images. The kernels and drivers are pretty much a point of reference for all distros out there. From there on, everything else is simply symbolic links and directory placements. For example, every application that runs on Ubuntu, I can use on Arch - or applications that run on Fedora can be transformed and installed on Ubuntu (using Alien for example).

Conclusively, once the application becomes available for one distribution, the rest of the community will make it available for the rest. So, even the "fragmented Linux landscape" does not stand as a case.

My guess would be that Adobe is happy with the marketing data they receive from Microsoft & Apple (who are essentially spying on the respective systems), to move toward a platform that is secure and stable.

Votos

Traduzir

Traduzir

Denunciar

Denunciar
Diretrizes da comunidade
community guidelines