• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.0.3) Installation failed?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.0.3)

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

Photoshop update work fined.

Macintosh running Mountain Lion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! And Illustrator CS6 won't launch anymore!

"Adobe Illustrator cannot be opened because of a problem."

It was properly installed and never changed since..

When will Adobe ever fix their annoying updaters?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Updater came up today, so I tried again same result:

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.0.3)

PLEASE adobe get this fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the whole uninstall then reinstall thing. Working smoothly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. I'm running Lion. My Mac Pro is too old to run 10.8. So uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator from the updated application manager. And now all my panel customizations are gone. And it still won't update. While I love having access to all the Adobe products with my Creative Cloud subscription, I DREAD doing their frequent updates, because invariably at least one update fails, and often more. Then I have to jump through hoops in the hopes that I can fix it so the update works. I also had the issue with Illustrator crashing on launch. I do NOT use Mac Keeper. I do use Clean My Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Have you tried uninstalling Illustrator and reinstalling from Application Manager? If so, any luck?

I hope it's not the same thing these poor folks had to (are) deal with: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4618444

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reinstalling doesn't work. The app itself doesn't seem to be modified at all, so the updater screwed some files in the System folder I guess.. but which ones..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem. Hopefully they will take this one on soon since they just had the "Adobe Create Now Live" event and were pushing people to update the photoshop and illustrator apps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue here. Photoshop updated but Illustrator did not and error log says: U44M1P7.

Running Mac OS 10.8.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Illustrator is dead. Crashes on opening. OUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes AI was dead here too. But TimeMachine was my friend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restored /ApplicationSupport/Adobe and /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS6 from Time Machine, and now it works again. I'll not be running the update however, since it is obviously *brittle*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Photoshop and Dreamweaver were updated correctly but Illustrator, now i can´t even open it! I need to work!

Step1

https://creative.adobe.com/share/107b4e16-eb95-4f19-b836-fafc5003cf45

Step 2

https://creative.adobe.com/share/494b3336-5910-4ab8-a301-9e4ac5c59450

Step 3

https://creative.adobe.com/share/cdcea7d7-dc15-47f3-b734-49a5e578dc47

Step 4

https://creative.adobe.com/share/d2c06362-464e-493c-8f83-f1af5e931f71

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.2.0)

iMac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I don´t know how to fixed it. I did a very complicated trip and it worked:

I did it in a MacBook Pro 17 in.

OS X 10.8.2

1. I tried going back with TimeMashine one day before the update. Didn´t work.
  2. Then I uninstalled CleanMyMac.
  3. I made a Clean INstallation of White Lion (witch i didn´t well becasue all the programs and folder where there after the two hours process)
  4. In this point i tried to run AI CS6 and nothing, so...
  5. Here I delete the Adobe CS6 folder by hand, went to my CreativeCluod account and re-download AI CS6
  6. With fear I made the update and....
  7. It worked... Now I have the 16.2 version

I don´t know if I did wrong but that way, with that long shot i could did it...

I hope that this could be usefull...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uninstalled Illustrator - reinstalled - then updated.

Now Illustraor 16.0.3 on Mac 10.8.2 up and running.

😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Hope they fix this soon.  Having trouble updating photoshop as well.  Don't they test this stuff before release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem on my Mac Pro running 10.8.2!!!!! Whats going on Adobe???!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update the AAM to the latest version before applying the patch. It could be found at :-

Win - http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

Mac - http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

Thanks,

Nishant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - I used Time Machine to get the old Version of Illustrator and it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the hell is going on with this update? I applied it and the first thing it did was turn my full version of Design Standard into a trila version and forced me to re-register; now I discover that all my AI actions PLAY TWICE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: it only appears to make actions play twice if they're invoked from an F-key.

This is completely unacceptable. Will Adobe compensate me for the inefficiency this creates in my workflow? My billable time is based on being able to complete jobs in carefully calculated timescales and this REALLY messes with that.

I only installed this update in hope it would fix the broken window behaviour under Mountain Lion, which I reported with the initial release and which remains unaddressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further update: TIFF export does not embed the specified color profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for tagging this onto an existing thread, BTW, but I'm struggling to make sense of this forum's posting options…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines