• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe keeps signing out my Creative 6 Suite (NOT the Cloud version; I have the stand-alone verstion)

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Suite 6 -- the great, old version that's located on my computer, not in the Cloud.

My motherboard died a couple of weeks ago, and when I had it replaced Adobe began to act wonky. I had to re-enter my serial number sign-in information to open up anything in CS6. This happens every time I turn my computer on. Help! Why won't my sing-in "hold?" Is there a way to stop having to sign in every time I open up anything in CS 6?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get a error message? 

Is it possible that you have reached the limit of two activations? In this case you have to contact the Adobe support. Only the support can reset the actvations.

Another try is to run CS6 as an Adminitrator when you activate the product.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is entirely possible. I hadn't thought of that. There's no error message, though, just a panel asking me to sign in. I put in the number every time, and every time it works. I just hate having to do it every time. Thanks so much for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will GUESS Windows, since I don't know anything about MB replacement in Mac

So... did you use the EXACT same brand/model motherboard?

Did Windows have to be re-authorized due to new hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to do the activation as an Administrator?

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment.

Which operating system do you use?

Do you have reinstall OS and applications after you have change the mainboard? 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also. Do you have any CC app? Or Acrobat Pro DC? Or did you install or run the trial of any of these things at any time? If so, they take over CS6 licensing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines