• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe, Please Make Prices in Canada Canadian Dollars

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I live in Canada and as the Canadian dollar goes down in value compared to the US dollar, the Creative Cloud subscription is getting more and more expensive. I don't know why Adobe won't do what Apple does and make the prices in the local currency. If this devaluation of the CDN$ continues the price of this Adobe subscription will become unsustainable, especially in this time when many small businesses like mine are suffering due to all the coronavirus closures and bussineses pulling back on creative services. 

Adobe needs to step up and address this quickly. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) This is a user to user forum, so we can't do anything about that.

2) I've moved this from the Photoshop forum since it is not a request for help using Photoshop.

3) Greetings, neighbor.  I live only a half hour from the US-Canada border.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TomHu as of today, Adobe is finally supporting the Canadian dollar on their website. It took them 8 years, but I guess they finally figured it out. Details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/x-productkb/policy-pricing/currency-change-canada-mexico.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good that they finally did this, but for me it's too little too late because I'm about to cancel my CC subscription anway which renews next month. The price is still too high, Adobe just added 30% onto all their Canadian subscription prices, so they will actually be more expensive now than they were after converting to US$. Raising their prices at a time when so many small businesses are stuggling financially was really a bad idea. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Belive me, I hear you! I've been fighting Adobe for this for the past 4 years. When the value of the Canadian dollar fluctuates as much as it has over the last 8 years, Adobe has been charging Canadians anywhere from $60-$80/month for Creative Cloud subscriptions. The problem has always been that you never know what you're going to be paying when your billing cycle renews. At the best of times, when the Canadian and US dollars were almost even in 2013 (which was ususual), we would have been paying about $53/month. When the rate was at one of its lowest points in 2002 at .61, we would have been paying $87/month. With today's exchange rate at .79 (which is high but still about average), we would be paying about $67/month. It looks like Adobe has decided to calculate its Canadian prices based on an exchnage rate of .76 which translates to about $70/month for all apps. It seems reasonable and long, long overdue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines