• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI installation fails

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I downloaded the free trial of AI the Creative Cloud loads OK but the AI App says 'failed installation'. I have uninstalled and downloaded everything and retryed again and again but the same issue. No error code given to check it on the help section for.

Does this app always install on the C Drive? I was given no option to choose from at download and as my C Drive is pretty full so I need to download this elsewhere if it is a heavy file.

Please can someone advise as I am losing time with the free trial on a course? 

Thank you

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, SalBJ does require sufficient space to be available on the C: drive. At a minimum, you should have at least as much free space, as double the amount of installed RAM, on the computer.  How much space is currently available on the C: drive?  How much memory is installed on the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Jeff.

I managed to get it to finally install 'OK' after re downloading it afresh via another internet site even though it went to Adobe. That was weird as it opened up in to the CC app that had clearly installed already OK and installed straight away.  The only issue it says now is my NVIDIA and Intel drivers need updating or they could cause an issue but I tried and they say are up to date, This laptop was really for a gaming machine they told me in the shop 5 years ago so i thouhgt it was a highish spec.

I know I have a problem with my C drive as it stays red. It is a 55GB drive but it seems so full up so often that I only have less than 5Gb left. And its all only Windows and Program x 2 folders and related stuff.  I religiuosly save everything to my 900GB 'D' Drive or an external drive to store everything else I use like photos, videos and docs etc.  I clean up of the C Drive every week but I might only get 3 GB cleaned if that. I have 12GB RAM the systems says. I run Windows 10. Maybe this machine is old spec now I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. SalBj. I would recommend that you either increase the current computer's drive capacity or look at using a different computer, with a manageable amount of hard disk space.  If the computer has 16 gigabytes of RAM installed, then you should always maintain at least 32 gigabytes free on the drive containing the operating system.  If you only have a 55 Gigabyte partition available, that leaves you with ruffly 22 gigabytes free for the operating system and any required components and apps.

Please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html which provides information on how many computers you can install your membership on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again Jeff!

That all makes so much sense. I think my husband, who only uses his old laptop for reading the news and football results will be getting a good 2nd hand upgrade laptop 😉 and I need to look for a a new one maybe.

I imaging upgrading this one of mine might not be that much cheaper than a good new one then something else is out of date. I am just starting a new business in design and I'll need to run such apps as AI and Sketchup etc. What would you say was the minimum spec laptop I should look for, if you know that? I cannot afford a Mac book so it will have be a Windows one. You have been very helpful. Sally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, SalBJ.  I would recommend reviewing the system requirements for the applications that you are planning to use.  The system requirements for each of the apps are available at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html. Please remember that for requirements such as hard disk space, the amount used is cumulative.

The good news is the price of laptops and computers has dropped in the last five years so that most systems will handle many of the applications' hardware needs. Be very careful, though, on the drive that is included, and try to find out how it is partitioned, to make sure there will be sufficient disk space to install apps and keep temporary swap files on the same drive/partition that contains the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jeff. Once again you have been so helpful 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines