• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am I out $69.99???

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Premiere Elements 14 via download from Adobe and installed the program on my old computer.  One month later I purchased a new computer and installed PE 14 on my new computer.  I did indeed uninstall PE 14 from my old computer but failed to sign out before doing so.  After only one week with my new computer it's hard drive crashed!  So, I returned my new computer for another one.  I installed PE 14 on this newest computer but apparently it is only a 30 day trial version???

I have spent 2-3 hours with two different Adobe chat sessions folks and have gotten nowhere!   One chat person said Adobe allows only two (2) installs on two different computers.   And, PE 14 cannot be used simultaneously on these two different computers.   Installing on two computers is strictly a customer convenience to be used either/or and not at the same time.  So...I guess because I have exceeded my two installs without signing out I am screwed!  Am I right?

Jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

To keep it relatively short...  your license allows you to have two machines with activated installations.  These two machines can be changed over time, meaning you can deactivate on one in order to reactivate on another, or even reactivate on the same machine for some reason (a new OS being installed, for instance).  The number of activations over a lifetime is not limited, only the current number of them is limited to two.

What you need to do is to contact Adobe Support thru chat or by phone an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to  Downloading, Installing, Setting Up to get you sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jerryp...

Specifically you cannot have the same purchased activated serial number on more than two of your computers. And, then you should use one at a time. That is in the Adobe Licensing Agreement. Copy comes with software.

When you get caught in this too many computers with the same purchased activated serial number situation, Adobe Chat Account Help is the only one who can help you with this type of situation. I have never seen a user to user forum here do that.

Online Adobe Chat Account Help is the only one who can help you when you end up with the same purchased activated serial number on two of your computers, you want to install it on a 3rd, and you are blocked from Deactivating one of the other two. I have gone through this matter for another user only the other day and got the feedback that online Adobe Chat Account Help resolved the issue. But, it is Adobe's call on the outcome based on your details.

If you have not already, please contact online Adobe Chat Account Help using the following link

Contact Customer Care

Just in case mention....Uninstall is not the same as Deactivation. In more recent version, Deactivation is done via an opened project's Help Menu/Sign Out. Before that it was done via an opened project's Help Menu/Deactivate. The circumstances will dictate whether or not you need to include uninstall for your particular purposes. More on that in the Premiere Elements Forum if and when needed.

If you want to work through the scenario that got you to where you are now, I would be glad for the opportunity to go over that with you. There may be an obvious solution that is being overlooked. Maybe not. For example, you wrote

I installed PE 14 on this newest computer but apparently it is only a 30 day trial version???

Was this Premiere Elements 14 the purchased copy? Or, did you download and install the free 30 day trial from Adobe in the meanwhile. Be aware, that your tryout project files will be left with the Adobe watermark (can be removed after purchase). And, the exports from that tryout project will have the Adobe watermark that cannot be removed even after purchase.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To keep it relatively short...  your license allows you to have two machines with activated installations.  These two machines can be changed over time, meaning you can deactivate on one in order to reactivate on another, or even reactivate on the same machine for some reason (a new OS being installed, for instance).  The number of activations over a lifetime is not limited, only the current number of them is limited to two.

What you need to do is to contact Adobe Support thru chat or by phone and ask them to reset your activations... do not ask for more than that or you will either get misleading information, like an unnecessary discussion about only being able to use one of the installations at a time, or turned away because they think you are asking for something they think they do not support.

For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat  or phone option...
Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it fails to connect try using a different browser.

Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC)
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=PHSP-PHXS_downloading-installing-setting-up_licensing-acti...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ned Murphy

You wrote

Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=PHSP-PHXS_downloading-installing-setting-up_lice nsing-act...

whereas I wrote in post 2

If you have not already, please contact online Adobe Chat Account Help using the following link

Contact Customer Care

An essential difference between the two, the name of the program referenced...yours Photoshop, mine Premiere Elements. And, this is a Premiere Elements user asking a Premiere Elements question. Is the user going to end up at the same place either way without transfer delays from group to group?

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To keep it shorter.. This is an Adobe customer asking how to deactivate software they do not have access to.   I make no reference to any particular software (Photoshop???).  I provided a generic link to chat with specific information to help make the connection work rather than going in the usual circles that people find themselves in when they do not prepare for the journey properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ned,

I think you missed my point. So that you understand what I was trying to point out to advantage the Adobe Premiere Elements customer...

Your suggested contact link

NED.JPG

and mine for this Premiere Elements customer....

ME2.JPG

I persisted in this point since the same Premiere Elements addressed link got quick, effective, and impressive action from an Adobe Chat rep on the same type of situation just a few days ago (and as usual whenever referred to).

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you give this a rest and let people like Ned help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice!  I previously have had 2 chat sessions with the latest chat telling me that he could NOT reset my account!  Maybe he was wrong???  The two computers that I installed PE 14 on are long gone and there is no way I can deactivate those two computers.  So, I will try the chat line one more time and if they cannot help me I will suck-it-up and buy the software again.  My fault for not understanding the user agreement properly!

Again, thank you all for the friendly advice!  Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  I see no reason why they would deny helping with a current release product - they are supposed to provide deactivation support for any product, even older versions.   If they continue to deny helping, I would escalate it rather than dump more money into it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ned,

I took your advice and kept it simple.  I told the chat person, "I want to reset ALL my activation's for my Premiere Elements 14".  He asked for the serial number and within 20 minutes I was done!  No activation's!

Thanks!  Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome Jerry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines