• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Creative Cloud members pass on or sell old versions of CS?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am now a Creative Cloud subscriber, can I pass on or sell old versions of Ceative Suite (CS4) on CD?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Adobe's official policy seems to suggest that if you bought, say, CS2 at full price, and then upgraded so you're now on CS6, you can't sell your old CS2 licence because your CS6 licence depends on it.

Correct but that does not apply to Cloud members. Only perpetual software license owners.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like an answer to this. Adobe's official policy seems to suggest that if you bought, say, CS2 at full price, and then upgraded so you're now on CS6, you can't sell your old CS2 licence because your CS6 licence depends on it.

However, we're CC subscribers, and we're now paying the same price as we would be if we'd never bought any older versions. So I don't see why we shouldn't be able to transfer our licences for CS2, 3, 4, 5 and 5.5 if we want. Anyone from Adobe clarify the position on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's official policy seems to suggest that if you bought, say, CS2 at full price, and then upgraded so you're now on CS6, you can't sell your old CS2 licence because your CS6 licence depends on it.

Correct but that does not apply to Cloud members. Only perpetual software license owners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha - great! Thanks so much. We'd probably keep 5.5 as a last resort, but I can't imagine we'd be able to get much use out of CS4 and before these days.

Cheers

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If CS5.5 is an upgrade from earlier versions (e.g. CS4) then you cannot pass on or sell the earlier versions and keep just CS5.5. You must keep all previous versions since they're all part of the one license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, in that case that's an interesting point. Presumably if we sold, for example, CS4, the buyer would also have to have our copies of CS3 and CS2 (this being the original full-price product we bought)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, correct. And the new owner will need the CS3 serial number in order to activate CS4.

But if CS5.5 is also an upgrade from CS4 then you cannot pass on or sell any of them if you're keeping CS5.5. They must all stay together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, got it. Thanks for that, that's really helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to sell me your cs3 license?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya! If you have a CS3 or 4 licence you'd like to sell me, please get in touch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I’ve got lots of cs5 licenses and some cs6...contact me if interested. <email removed for security reasons>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will know tomorrow for sure- how much would you charge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please tyler, how can we make this happen? Email addresses are removed from here.

[email removed by moderator for privacy reasons]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you still have any available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you're a Cloud member, you can definitely pass on or sell your Creative Suite perpetual license software.

Follow the license transfer procedure to complete the sale

Transfer an Adobe product license

Just bear in mind that if you ever cancel your Cloud membership, or allow it to expire, then you'll be left with no software to use. There will be no fall back available to you. If you're OK with that then go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SORRY THIS IS NOT HELPFULL AT ALL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I would be interested in buying an old Adobe Illustrator CS6 and Photoshop Extended CS6 licence.

Latest version and with the software (would be great).

I was tempted with some people that sells them on the net but read many dark stories about them.

I need to be legal on that.

Peace of mind when I go to sleep.

I'm not a designer but I use them from time to time.

So who have a licence and don't use it, still in the drawer somewhere in your house and doing nothing.

Ask for a good price and I will buy it.

Now that you are using CC, you don't need that old version and on my side, I don't need the CC version.

Let's make a deal.

Make sure you de-activate the licence from your computer before uninstalling it, please.

Live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do come to a deal, Logo Alien, make sure the seller fills in Adobe's paperwork to transfer it to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where can I find those paper to fill ?

Is it authorizations from Adobe ?

Or just so Adobe knows that the software have change owner ?

Will it cost something ?

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The license has been granted to the original purchaser; this proves to Adobe that the original purchaser has given it up, and allows you to install as a different person. There is no cost. Important: educational products and enterprise product cannot be transferred. If it is an upgrade you will also need the original product license. Transfer an Adobe product license

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines