Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change billing country

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have this issue and I am angry with the Adobe support for not resolving it.

I moved from Poland to UK and wanted to update the billing information as I am being charged in EUR on a Polish account which charges me additionally for changing the currency from PLN to EUR and on a very bad rate. So, I figured changing to a UK account and be billed directly in GBP is a better option since I relocated anyway.

This site: Change the country associated with your Adobe ID ​stated I can do it as I have cancelled my subscription but I can't change the box from PL to UK. It will not accept my British debit card or postcode!

The lady on the support web chat said I need to create a new account and then register it as a UK one. I do not want to do this as I have connection to Behance and Adobe Portfolio under one account. She also said that Pf is a free feature which is not and I would lose my portfolio.

So, the bottom line is, why is this not possible for me to do, why is there false (in my understanding) information on adobe site and why is the support giving me false information?

My Pf will disable in 2weeks, so I assume that maybe I will be able to change my country then, but still, I will lose access to Lightroom and Photoshop while I wait for it.

Not cool Adobe!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But... I already contacted adobe support and they did not help me at all, plus they provided me with false information about adobe portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

retry.

these are user-to-user forums, and other users (like me) can't help you with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly that and had a chat with someone from Adobe support. Their answer: Create a new account with a different e-mail address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They're simply stupid. It can't be helped, it's absolutely outrageous to be like that in such a big company, they deserver to get sued as many times as possible till they start losing millions, then they will change their nonsense way of doing.

I hope they get what they server in the future, and people stop using PDF and change to a different thing, I don't care if open or closed source, but from an agreement of companies maybe from governtments since PDF is clearly a format which implies a lot of legal stuff and other important paper things, so it should not belong to any private company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt, please follow Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link and let me know if you are able to reach the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try to contact the support, you will lose 1 hour, provide your billing information and credit card numbers and it wouldn't help you because it's impossible to change the country. There are only two ways:

1. Deactivate your account, LOSE ALL YOUR DATA and create a new one with the same email.

2. Do not use Adobe products anymore. Sales agents confirm it, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I had the same experience today. I contacted support and they told me there was no option other than to create a new account. Meaning, the documentation on this page Change the country associated with your Adobe ID isn't accurate - it is literally impossible to change countries. How completely and utterly ridiculous and stupid, especially for something that we are supposed to rely on as a cloud storage and portfolio service!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The country associated with your adobe id must match the store you purchase from and must match the payment address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not a helpful response. I would be happy to ensure that everything matches, if it were possible to change anything. But sadly it's not possible to change the payment address or the country associated with the Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines