Can't install Acrobat Pro DC on my windows 10 desktop due to error code p48

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I live in Tokyo (just in case it's relevant) and just downloaded Acrobat Pro DC. When I try to install it it shuts down due to error P48. Something about a missing file or folder, but no details of which file or folder are given. 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error code P48 indicates that Creative Cloud can't access a file or directory that is required for installation.

if you're not using the default installation location, you should indicate what location you're using.  there are several limitations including network drives, external drives and the roots of drives.

if you're using the default location quite the cc desktop app and then reopen with admin privileges and start the install of acrobat dc.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe contacted me about this and ultimately advised me to use another, non-subscription Adobe product, rather than the subscription-based Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. And that is what I did, opting for Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines