• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't uninstall applications manager - fix host file

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to uninstall all my adobe products (so I can do a clean reinstall). I ran all the uninstalls along with the creative cloud cleaner tool, but I can't seem to get rid of the application manager files. The tool won't clean: "Fix Host File".

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

‌Hi,

If you are unable to uninstall application through cleaner tool, please try steps mentioned below-

Reset the hosts file:

Note: You may have to disable you security software to modify your hosts file.

Windows

1. Choose Start > Run, type %systemroot% \system32\drivers\etc, and then press Enter.
  2. Right-click the hosts file and select Open. Select Notepad for the application to open the hosts file.
  3. Back up the hosts file: Choose File > Save As, save the file as hosts.backup, and then click OK.
  4. Search the h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hi,

If you are unable to uninstall application through cleaner tool, please try steps mentioned below-

Reset the hosts file:

Note: You may have to disable you security software to modify your hosts file.

Windows

1. Choose Start > Run, type %systemroot% \system32\drivers\etc, and then press Enter.
  2. Right-click the hosts file and select Open. Select Notepad for the application to open the hosts file.
  3. Back up the hosts file: Choose File > Save As, save the file as hosts.backup, and then click OK.
  4. Search the hosts file for entries that reference activate.adobe.com (for example, 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com) and delete these entries.
  5. Save and close the file.

Mac OSLog in as an administrator to edit the hosts file in Mac OS.

1. In a Finder window, choose Go > Go To Folder.
  2. Type /etc.
  3. Select the hosts file and open it.
  4. Back up the hosts file: Choose File > Save As, save the file as hosts.backup, and then click OK.
  5. Search the hosts file for entries that reference activate.adobe.com (for example, 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com) and delete these entries.
  6. Save and close the file.

After trying this run cleaner tool again.

Let us know if this will help!

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running Mac OS X 10.11.6 and I'm running into the same problem where the host file still appears to be modified. I've tried the steps you've provided and the issue persists, how can I fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem, fixed the hosts file, but still won't remove it in the cleanup app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not state your OS!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, there seams nobody willing to take on! Did you solve your problem?

I do not have a MacOS device, so I'm not quite qualified to help.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo

Currently running macOS Catalia V 10.15.1

I have gone through every possible step in attempt to remove this 'Fix Host File' including completely reseting my hosts file to default settings.  The Adobe Createive Cloud Cleaner Tool simply says '0' entries were fixed and the Fix Host File remains.  There is no solution to this problem currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem for me.  Cant fix the host and cant find the fodler when I type /etc.

Cant install Adobe Suit anymore. Cant work for my client.. 

Need an answer asap. 
Thanks

Mac OSCatalina 10.15.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, ive tried this & cant find any adobe entries, just the standard hosts file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It can't fix hosts file I'm on OS X 10.11.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have no adobe references in my hosts file and have been unable to reinstall creative cloud for some time. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to have to lose all of my work and switch to Sketch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have the same problem. Can't fix the host file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem, fixed the hosts file, but still won't remove it in the cleanup app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. My host file has no adobe references but I still receive the warning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as well. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try cleaning the hosts file as the guide says. Run the tool will say "Fixed 0 Entries" then restart. Once i did that it worked for me. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Nothings shows up when typing /etc.

Any help with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's :  /etc and not etc.

but for me it's either the same problem , there is no entrie for activate.adobe  and always the fix host file remaining

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I came across the mistake by accident. There were two other Mac registered with Adobe Cloud and that should have caused the error with me. When I logged off the other Mac's at Adobe and logged in again with my iMac (with a restart of the Mac), everything worked again. I hope I could help. LG. Sigi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eu digitei ( / etc ) e não apareceu o arquivo host 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running MacOS BigSur and i have a problem where host file isnt getting cleaned up even after processing your method to fix the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too..My mac is BigSur as well. Nobody can fix this problem? It drive me crazy AHHHHHHHH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines