Exit

Can't update Creative Cloud Desktop Error 507

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently on Win10 Pro 64-bit Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900   

Currently on Creative Cloud 5.2.0.436

Anyway my new Camera Raw 12.3 is missing some critical functionality, like crop & rotate. I thought no problem, maybe i just need to update it via Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud does say its up to date, but creative cloud is having its own issues in that it won't update / install. It gets to about 30% then fails with an error of 507, which according to Adobe Support is 

Error code 507: Unable to install the product update as the volume is offline.   

I do not have my install on a disconnected drive. 

Everything is installed on my C: drive.   Everything on my PC is working perfectly well. 

To Troubleshoot, 

I have disabled all Anti Virus and Malware applications.

I have obviously restarted during all these processes

I have used the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe to remove the Creative Cloud and re-installed the Creative Cloud, which it does.. However then when it goes to update, it just fails over and over again around the same time. 

So i'm stuck. I really rely on Adobe Camera Raw, when working in Photoshop, as i visible stamp image then make slight adjustments such as my crops in Camera Raw.  

Hopefully someone at Adobe has answers, cos the error message itself is bogus. 

(Edited By Moderator to remove attached images. See images below in a reply by the OP)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

After many, many hours on the phone with Adobe Support and finally getting engineering involved, I think I (with Adobe help) have finally solved this problem and in the end it was simple.

1. Close Creative Cloud desktop app by File > Exit Creative Cloud
  2. Search for powershell in Start Search
  3. Right click and Select Run as admin
  4. Paste this command in the powershell windows: 
    Get-AppxPackage -all AdobeNotificationClient | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUser
  5. After this is done. Try to launch Creative Cloud and updat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am so disappointed by most of these huge companies, too. paying and paying and it feels like they do not really invest in real life power testing ;(    - i was a dw fan for years,... i am looking around for alternatives whenever i can, so sad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution here. In fact I was so annoyed by the lack of update I stopped all Adobe processes except Genuine Software Check and the Genuine Software Invoker, or something like that. Using autoruns (a MS app) I filtered for just Adobe and unchecked everthing except the Genuine Software entries. Boots up faster. No problem running PP/AE/PS/AI, dynamic link is fine - everything is normal except I don't have the Adobe bloatware hogging resources and I check for updates manually. When I open a PDF doc the Acrobat Updater sneaks back into the startup. Hate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many, many hours on the phone with Adobe Support and finally getting engineering involved, I think I (with Adobe help) have finally solved this problem and in the end it was simple.

1. Close Creative Cloud desktop app by File > Exit Creative Cloud
  2. Search for powershell in Start Search
  3. Right click and Select Run as admin
  4. Paste this command in the powershell windows: 
    Get-AppxPackage -all AdobeNotificationClient | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUser
  5. After this is done. Try to launch Creative Cloud and update it

Note, we had gone down the path mentioned in another post regarding registry entries for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\PackageVolumes" and removing some of those.  That wasted a ton of time and broke other apps I had from the app store.  It also cause the method aboave to fail badly.  Finally I restored the registry and did the above and it worked first time.  CC updated with no errors and all 'seems' fine.  Hope it sticks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Calphalon, i can confirm this poweshell command worked for me ! I'm finally updated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it for me, too! (I had to re-boot the system before Creative Cloud took notice of the changes.)

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd been on numnerous calls and remote sessions with Adobe trying to fix the error 507 problem and had many things tried with no success, but this simple powershell solution fixed the problem I had been seeing for over a month. THANK YOU for posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! A solution that works. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh!!! ....this FINALLY worked.....and it was easy after all....thank you so much Calphalon!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe techs take note.  Whatever was causing the problem and whatever this fixed, Adobe needs to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicely done! Thank you for the brilliantly simple solution Calphalon, and thanks to the engineering team and Adobe support for the assist. Adobe is taking advantage of some smart people in this forum, but so am I, so...

Best to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Calphalon. After more than six months of not being able to contact Adobe support and solve this problem, this solution worked. It's unbelievable how bad Adobe tech support is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, this also solved the update problem with error code 507 for me, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, on windows.  I've never poked at powershell before, but "Get-AppxPackage -all AdobeNotificationClient | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUser" did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing this link to the solution with the FB community - Caliphon you have saved us all from daily annoyance! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, worked fine! Thanks for it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calphalon you are amazing!! Thank you for posting this - it did the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm here too! Thanks for your assistance.

Note to self: powershell >< command line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

genius. thanks for that @calphalon, it worked first time. irritating that i had to search for 30 minutes, waste time on adobe's own suggested fixes, reboot my computer, interrupt my editing... next time I have a problem I'll search the community first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just began having this problem. Thanks for the hardwork, Calphalon! In more than 20 years of using Adobe products, it's usually been users who have had to find and share solutions for systemic issues. It's unfortunate, but I appreciate your work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this. I haven't been able to update for months and I never had time to troubleshoot the issue until today. Fixed in under a minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently in 4/20/2022, I got this error, totally fixed it.  Thought I'd bump this page with an up to date reply so it appears higher in the Google search. I searched a while for this :c

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@calphalon 
Thanks so much for this. This PowerShell command worked for me! And this is now April 2022 and it's still happening.

I'm always curious as to why something like this happens and yet no one knows. Is it a Windows update or an Adobe fault? Guess we'll never know. 
Anyway, thank you. 

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks for this! It works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This still works in June 2022, nearly two years after it was first posted. Thank you, Caphalon! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines