We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Currently on Win10 Pro 64-bit Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900
Currently on Creative Cloud 126.96.36.1996
Anyway my new Camera Raw 12.3 is missing some critical functionality, like crop & rotate. I thought no problem, maybe i just need to update it via Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud does say its up to date, but creative cloud is having its own issues in that it won't update / install. It gets to about 30% then fails with an error of 507, which according to Adobe Support is
Error code 507: Unable to install the product update as the volume is offline.
I do not have my install on a disconnected drive.
Everything is installed on my C: drive. Everything on my PC is working perfectly well.
I have disabled all Anti Virus and Malware applications.
I have obviously restarted during all these processes
I have used the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe to remove the Creative Cloud and re-installed the Creative Cloud, which it does.. However then when it goes to update, it just fails over and over again around the same time.
So i'm stuck. I really rely on Adobe Camera Raw, when working in Photoshop, as i visible stamp image then make slight adjustments such as my crops in Camera Raw.
Hopefully someone at Adobe has answers, cos the error message itself is bogus.
(Edited By Moderator to remove attached images. See images below in a reply by the OP)
No solution here. In fact I was so annoyed by the lack of update I stopped all Adobe processes except Genuine Software Check and the Genuine Software Invoker, or something like that. Using autoruns (a MS app) I filtered for just Adobe and unchecked everthing except the Genuine Software entries. Boots up faster. No problem running PP/AE/PS/AI, dynamic link is fine - everything is normal except I don't have the Adobe bloatware hogging resources and I check for updates manually. When I open a PDF doc the Acrobat Updater sneaks back into the startup. Hate that.
After many, many hours on the phone with Adobe Support and finally getting engineering involved, I think I (with Adobe help) have finally solved this problem and in the end it was simple.
Note, we had gone down the path mentioned in another post regarding registry entries for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\PackageVolumes" and removing some of those. That wasted a ton of time and broke other apps I had from the app store. It also cause the method aboave to fail badly. Finally I restored the registry and did the above and it worked first time. CC updated with no errors and all 'seems' fine. Hope it sticks.
Thanks Calphalon, i can confirm this poweshell command worked for me ! I'm finally updated.
That did it for me, too! (I had to re-boot the system before Creative Cloud took notice of the changes.)
Thanks a lot!
I'd been on numnerous calls and remote sessions with Adobe trying to fix the error 507 problem and had many things tried with no success, but this simple powershell solution fixed the problem I had been seeing for over a month. THANK YOU for posting.
Finally! A solution that works. Many thanks.
Oh my gosh!!! ....this FINALLY worked.....and it was easy after all....thank you so much Calphalon!!!
I hope Adobe techs take note. Whatever was causing the problem and whatever this fixed, Adobe needs to know.
Nicely done! Thank you for the brilliantly simple solution Calphalon, and thanks to the engineering team and Adobe support for the assist. Adobe is taking advantage of some smart people in this forum, but so am I, so...
Best to all.
Thank you very much Calphalon. After more than six months of not being able to contact Adobe support and solve this problem, this solution worked. It's unbelievable how bad Adobe tech support is.
Thank you very much, this also solved the update problem with error code 507 for me, too!
This worked for me, on windows. I've never poked at powershell before, but "Get-AppxPackage -all AdobeNotificationClient | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUser" did the trick.
Sharing this link to the solution with the FB community - Caliphon you have saved us all from daily annoyance! 🙂
Great, worked fine! Thanks for it!!
Calphalon you are amazing!! Thank you for posting this - it did the trick.
Worked like a charm here too! Thanks for your assistance.
Note to self: powershell >< command line.
genius. thanks for that @calphalon, it worked first time. irritating that i had to search for 30 minutes, waste time on adobe's own suggested fixes, reboot my computer, interrupt my editing... next time I have a problem I'll search the community first.
Just began having this problem. Thanks for the hardwork, Calphalon! In more than 20 years of using Adobe products, it's usually been users who have had to find and share solutions for systemic issues. It's unfortunate, but I appreciate your work!
Worked perfectly!! Thanks
Thank you for sharing this. I haven't been able to update for months and I never had time to troubleshoot the issue until today. Fixed in under a minute.
Wow! It worked for me. A few weeks ago I had a very nice Adobe tech spend like 2 hours with me on this issue. He even did a remote access and finally gave up. Kudos to you and whomever at Adfobe helped youy figure this out.!
Thank you. This 507 error problem is just resolved.
This solution might have been extremely easy to implement (it solved the problem for me!) but it clearly was a real headache to figure out. I thank all those who put in the time and effort to get this one resolved!
Many thanks worked a treat. Peter