Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't update credit card info

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

My card has expired and you couldn't take payment for the service. I updated my details with a new card, but once again payment didn't go through.

I have checked and "Payment info" shows correct details, but once i click on "Edit payment info" it shows my expired card.

You clearly have a bug in your billing system. Please let me know what should i do to pay.

Kind Regards,

Pawel

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Hi Pawel

Payment details have been updated successfully and the payment has processed.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 168 Replies 168
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pawel,

I'm experiencing the same issue as you are ...

I've tried changing my credit card number on Chrome, FireFox, Internet explorer and Safari.

On top of that, i've even tried on two different operating systems: OSX and Windows 8.

None of the help topics on the website of Adobe has been helpfull yet.

I've also tried the help chat, but none of them seen to be able to help me so far.

I even received a couple of mails in which Adobe states they "are sorry to see me go" becaus they can't bill the payment.

I'm getting pretty frustrated about this.

Kind regards,

Giel-Jan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Credit card payment information has been compromised. You don't want to put a new card in their systems anyway.

I think we need to make adobe accept paypal subs or world pay or alternative payment methods as they cannot be trusted with our payment information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.

I updated my credit card information as soon as I received my new credit card after it got blocked when my credit card information got hacked at Adobe.

In my account overview I saw that the new credit card information was stored.

Until this morning I still got the membership alert when opening an Adobe program, so I updated my credit card information again.

When editing my credit card information I could see that the last four digits of my new credit card were shown, so my credit card information was up to date.

Now I'm already chatting over an hour and a half with support to resolve the issue, but it seems to be a difficult one.

I'm not really happy about the fact that many companies want to store credit card information, that's something to leave to banks and payment gateways or processors imho...

I don't trust Adobe or any other company with my credit card information, but we rely on their software and services so we don't really have a choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vinceverbruggen

I'll look into this and get it resolved.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverly,

I checked my account again to see if there was any progress on the issue.

I saw that my membership was inactive and was cancelled on October 21th.

Yesterday my membership was still active, but because of the issues with the processing of the payment I missed two payments and so my membership got cancelled in the past 12 hours.

Timeline:

2013/10/08 - In the beginning of October my credit card was blocked by Atos because the Adobe hacking incident

--

2013/10/20 - I missed a payment because I did not receive a new credit card yet

--

2013/10/23 - I received a new credit card and updated my credit card information

After updating my credit card information I did not see any activity in the transaction overview on my Adobe account, so I turned to the Adobe help pages.

I came across this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/renew-extend-restart-ccm.html and read the following under the section Update Payment Information:

If your payment information is updated on Creative Cloud, you don't need to do anything. Your membership will renew automatically.

Thinking I will be billed automatically on November 20th for two months, I did not take any further actions

--

2013/11/18 - When starting Adobe software I still received a message saying I had only 3 days left to use the software, so I updated my credit card information again, thinking something went wrong.

Before changing my credit card information I checked the last 4 digits shown on the account, and they matched to my new credit card.

I updated my credit card information again, but nothing happend. So I gave it another day.

--

2013/11/19 - When starting Adobe software the message suddenly says I have 0 days left... So I checked my membership, thinking my membership may have expired, but it was still active.

I updated my credit card information again, again, nothing happened.

I contacted support by chat, they told me to update my credit card information using Internet Explorer.

He saw that my credit card information had been updated several times, but there was a 'payment error'.

My credit card was not over its limit, not even close, and my credit card information was correct.

Support could not help me and he said he'd send my issue to a different department and that I should receive a phonecall within 24 hours.

--

2013/11/20 - I opened up Photoshop, this time I did not get the message saying I had only # number of days left, so I was curious if the issue was resolved and checked my account.

My account got cancelled overnight, because it could not automatically be renewed, most likely because I missed two payments with all the credit card issues.

Since I need to use the software today, I renewed my membership.

Now I'm paying 61.49 EUR incl. VAT/month (according to the info shown on my account), and I was paying 47.99 EUR incl. VAT/month...

Edit: I just received a confirmation email of my payment to Adobe, saying I was billed for 49.99 EUR / month...

This is very confusing...

It does not seem fair to me that I (maybe) have to pay 28% more a month than before when:

a) my membership should have been renewed automatically and probably wouln't have changed anything to the amount

b) I have to spend time on issues (the inconvenience of a blocked credit card, problems with updating credit card information, a canceled membership) not caused by myself, but by the hacking incident and Adobe

I hope my timeline helps in solving this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems!  I need to process a payment before this runs out!  I need these programs for my job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eviljenn76

Sorry for the delayed response.

I can see your payment processed successfully on November 20th and your account is active.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renewed my membership earlier today because it got cancelled.

I received a confirmation email from Adobe over an hour ago that my credit card was billed.

I open up Photoshop and...

Please check your billing information...

00 days remaining

We've discovered an issue with your last payment for Creative Cloud. Please go online to manage your account and verify your billing information.

Creative Cloud will stop working if the issue is not addressed within the time period displayed.

None of the Adobe programs work now...

Now I'm not able to do my job properly and cannot fulfill the commitments I made.

Please, resolve these issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vinceverbruggen

Please sign out from Creative Cloud via the desktop app and sign in again.  This will activate the new membership.

I'll get back to you when I have further info on the original issue with your membership.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverly,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I did what you said but that did not work, so I rebooted my computer and now I'm up and running again.

Now I'm smiling again 🙂

Thank you.

Best regards,

Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My card expired, entered new one and it won't update so i can't use software! please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello emmab0704,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Can you please certify whether, you are trying to update the credit card by following the enclosed steps listed as per article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/membership-subscription-troubleshooting -creative...

Section: Help changing the credit card on your account

If so! can you please share the error message that you are getting while following the process listed in the article?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It seems Adobe are finding it hard to admit that this problem exists! It all went bad early in November and has affected an unknown number of customers. However, getting through to 'chat' is extremely time-consuming so I guess they are dealing with plenty of questions at the moment!

Please add your voice to this dicussion here

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1337561

to encourage Adobe to be more open about the issues here.

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pawel

We'll look into your issue & let you know what needs to be done to resolve it.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverley Gray,

I got the same problem and today i recieved a email with:

Action required: your payment for Adobe ® Creative Cloud ™ for teams is overdue

How can we solve this?

Greets Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my first notice of the problem aswell. Keep your eyes on this thread, Nick, i think there will be alot more people out there looking for a solution to the problem.

Cheers, Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick

Payment was successful today so I'll look into why you received that email.  Let me know if you have further issues.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Colin en Beverley!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have been experiencing a similar problem with updating my credit card details. It appears to have some details incorrect, but when I try to correct and save them, the corrected details don't register and remain incorrect when I check it next.

I worry this inability to correct my info is causing my CC programs to enter countdown mode! D:

What shall I do?

Thank you,
Kwok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pawel

Payment details have been updated successfully and the payment has processed.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverly.

I am having the same issue as described here. Will you be able to get mine updated correctly too. I've been trying for a few days now with no luck and the chat guys say that they can't do anythine about it and I have to hand over me Credit card details over the phone.. Which I cannot do due to security issues.

The product keeps warning that I have only a few days left.

Regards

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gadz777

Will look into this and let you know when resolved.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gadz777

Payment has processed successfully & your account is now active.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Bev

I just had a problem in this month.

Could you please help me to solve the problem?

I update my payment info many time but I still get Subcription Reminder.

I get 4 days left.

Thank you very much

Tatchaya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines