• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't upgrade Photoshop (Windows updates required)

Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install the latest versions of Photoshop and Animate on Windows 7, but both are failing.  I've installed the latest Windows updates and restarted my machine, but am still getting this error.  (I'm doing this via Creative Cloud).

Does the latest release still work on Windows 7?

stackExchange.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

you may need to update your visual c++ to 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may need to update your visual c++ to 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed Windows Service Pack 1? The latest release is working on Windows 7 for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows service pack 1 is installed. doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and your viz c++ version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patti.moore have you solved this issue since last year?  I just re-installed Windows 7 after getting a new SSD and after running update after update (the last one finally included Service Pack 1) and I'm having the same exact error.  Did you find out which updates were required to download the newest CC programs?

Thanks!

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and your viz c++ version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I check my viz c++ version?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or how do I get the latest version required?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll give it a shot this evening.

At this point, are most people running Windows 8 or 10? I'm wondering if 7 is going to become too insecure because of how outdated it is?  I did a fresh install just recently and there are so many updates its going through..Wondering if it's just work upgrading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can google the statistics, but that can be misleading: a lot of the world's population has illegal software (including windows) and they tend to not update for fear of losing the use of the illegal software.

imo, there's no reason to stay with win 7.  it was a good os but it's been surpassed in every way by win 10 and win 10 has been out long enough to see wide-spread satisfaction.  win 8/8.1 never was worthwhile so there's no reason to change from win 7 to win 8.

ms offered free upgrades from win 7 (and 8/8.1) to win 10 for free and while that offer has (i think) officially ended, i believe you can still (legally) upgrade for free.  i highly recommend you do so.  i upgraded 3 win computers and had no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? My copy is 100% legal and authentic.  It's just never given me issues, so I saw no reason to upgrade until now. At this point since I just did a fresh install, I might try upgrading.

However, I was under the impression that purchasing Windows 10 was around $120?  It looks like there are still ways to upgrade like this: Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade | ZDNet

So maybe when I have some time I'll give it a shot. If there are any sites you recommend using to follow for doing a free upgrade I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zdnet is a reputable website so i would follow the recommendations in the article you linked.  i would do that sooner than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kglad.  Really appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines