• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Elements 12 from reatil CD get shared technology error!

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install elements 12 from the retail CD. It installs almost to end then stops with an error about shared technologies. I tried all of the diagnostics that I found here ASA found no errors. I could not locate any log file to inspect. Program uninstalls after error ihas occured.

Any suggestions.

I stopped anti-virus programs.

Tried rebooting

ran ASA

searched manually for log file

none of these worked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

I tried it from hard drive, same result. I tried tech support chat and after downloading a update app magager and deleting a directory rebooted and tried agai. success.

Thanks for all your help, I appreciated it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I already saw that and tried it. Step by step. It did not work!

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you analyzed your installation logs and found no information on the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After error message, install program does an automatic rolback deleting files, and I am unable to locate any log file.

I have checked in " C:/Program files/common files/adobe/installers ". I searched both by name and last modified date.

I checked directory where program was going to be installed. Could not locate any log file to analyze.

Where else can I look?

Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to what directory did you copy your cd installation files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't. Installed directly from cd!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy the installation files to your root drive and try installing from there.

if that fails, contact adobe support, http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will copy the cd to root directory of my D drive. This is a retail disk with the

install setup appearing on the opening screen. This was not downloaded,  and I thought

g:/disk was a short enough path. But I will give it try. Do I copy all files from cd to root directory of disk I wish to install too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should be copying to your c drive and installing on your c drive.

you may be able to install on other drives (like your d drive) but adobe programs still install many files on your c drive and you're much more likely to have problems if you do not install on your c drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it from hard drive, same result. I tried tech support chat and after downloading a update app magager and deleting a directory rebooted and tried agai. success.

Thanks for all your help, I appreciated it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm having the same problem. Have had 8 dailed install attempts after trying various suggestions in the forums.

I've searched for the app manager but it seems to relate to Creative Suite products?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry I meant to ask - which directory did you delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted C:\program files\common files\adobe\OOBE folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem reinstalling Pre10 and Pre12. I updated app manager, and deleted OOBE folder and rebooted. No good. In the end I created a ghost administrative account and it installed. It is very bug-ridden install. I am the adminstrator, and I have installed lots of other software without trouble using my own account. This install software needs a complete overhaul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines