• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot update or install Photoshop on Mac - Error code 146

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly frustrated with this process. I have lived with non-updating Adobe apps for probably a year now. This evening I tried again to update Lightroom and Photoshop with recurrent failures with error code 146 being reported. The available documentation seems to focus exclusively on Windows installs. How am I to resolve this on my Mac? 

I'm logged in as an adminstrator

I am not running antivirus or malware software

I have unintalled, reinstalled and run creative cloud cleaner multiple times.

Screen shot from my error log is below.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Hi there, 

Please see this link to get the solution ofr above error:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html

Hope this helps! 

Feel free to update the thread for any other questions. 

Thanks 
Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Please see this link to get the solution ofr above error:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html

Hope this helps! 

Feel free to update the thread for any other questions. 

Thanks 
Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately none of the solutions provided in that link solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue with Windows.  Bridge and lightroom updated with any issues.  My log file as 2 fatal errors and over 500 warnings (mostly access denied).  I have had no problem up until now. And I have full Admin Privilgedes...I'm just skipping it for now, might uninstall and reinstall in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So since the 'correct answer' is not at all correct and this is a recurrent problem for mac users, I'd like to share what actually works. 

System Integrity Protection prevents writing to the /applications/utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud Experience folder. Disable SIP in recovery mode, reboot, change the folder permissions manually, update software, reboot in recover, re-enable SIP.

this is something that Adobe engineers probably need to be involved in for an easier solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines