• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC app autostart overriding all settings

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just on with chat about this and after uninstalling and reinstalling things and verifying that CC apps opened I repeated my issue about the app autostarting and was told it's a Windows feature. I am having a hard time believing this as I proved to the support person that using Windows settings to stop the app from autostarting didn't stick. Every time I close the window Adobe CC re-enables the startup setting for the app and overrides the settings of my operating system. If this is a Windows feature I should be able to turn it off and have it stay off. I have several other applications on the startup list that don't override the choices I make in Windows settings, but Adobe CC does. I don't want this happening anymore. It's a huge impact on startup and when I'm not actively using the program it doesn't need to be running. I've unchecked options to sync files, I've unchecked the general preferences option to launch at login, and I've used Windows settings to disable autostart but it's not working. Can someone help me get this app to stop autostarting?

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

It's not a Windows feature, its Adobe CC and Windows not playing well together. Chatted with Microsoft today and leaned that using a clean boot to manage problems with apps is very helpful and pretty simple. Somehow the Adobe CC client or some part of it persisted in startup even after changing the preferences and disabling the app's launch, and once it was running it was able to override attempts to disable it. Using Windows system configuration to disable it and boot without it running allowed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go into the CC preferences and turn off the "Launch at Login"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel, thanks for the reply. I have had launch at login unchecked from the start. I've made sure that sync files is unchecked, and just to make sure I unchecked always keep app up to date as well. None of that does me any good though, Adobe CC app starts when my computer does no matter what.

Edit: It was when I tried to use Windows 10's app startup settings that I noticed it was overriding my choice. I can flip that little tab to no all I want, but when I close and reopen the startup options, it's set to yes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you've checked the preferences in CC since the last time you updated? Just wondering because I noticed it reset everything for the launch at startup and sync files on my computer at the last update.

But if that's not it, hmmm... Putting on thinking cap...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are in your task manager, is there anything else from Adobe running at startup besides the CC app? Look through the list and see if there is anything like the Adobe Helper or anything like that. Pretty much anything Adobe really. Turn all of them off. It may be bringing CC up because something else is running at startup and it wants CC there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Going to try to provide you with more information this time. This is a Win10 64bit system, private home connection to the internet. I don't know if you need that but I've had to deal with tech support numerous times about my product and you start to remember the questions you're asked at every level of escalation. Thanks to dealing with technical support Adobe CC and related apps has been uninstalled using the CC cleaner tool, and reinstalled as admin several times by both techs and myself.  Each time, I make sure to change preferences to not autorun and not sync.

When my computer starts, Adobe starts up the IPC Broker, the Update Service (even with always keep CC app up to date unchecked) CCLibraries, CCVProcesses, and Core Sync (even with file sync disabled). These are all 32bit processes, all running, every time I restart my computer, with no interaction between myself and the Adobe CC app.

I have a third party uninstaller that I use to deal with nuisance programs and I discovered last evening that using its autorun manager to disable Adobe does work, but since that's not how it should be I'd prefer to do it the correct way. Adobe CC related processes listed in that program's autorun manager are: Application restart #0 and Application restart #1 both located in the registry HKCU RunOnce, Adobe creative cloud located in the registry HKML 32bit Run, AdobeGCInvoker-1.0 and AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0 both in registry HKML Run, and Adobe Genuine Monitor Service and Genuine Software Integrity Service, both located in Services.

This is insanity. With everything set to not autorun Adobe CC at this point it's either use a third party program to control Adobe or I just don't turn on my computer. I saw a forum post from a couple of months ago with pretty much this same issue but the only response was to make sure nothing was syncing. Nothing is set to sync on my computer, well Gmail syncs with my phone, but otherwise the things I don't want moving don't move until I tell them to do so. but Adobe still autoruns on my computer and that can't be shut off by any means other than third party.

The last tech I spoke with said the inability to control Adobe autorun is a Windows feature and according to them, "it will always be on". Does that seem right? Windows gives me the rocker type switch to turn this off in Windows startup settings, it just never stays off. That doesn't sound like a Windows feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, no answers? One guy comes in a marks all Daniel's answers as helpful but doesn't bother to try helping? Daniel, I appreciate your effort here but the total silence and the lack of any other attempts to help make me feel like Adobe intentionally build a program that overrides user and operating systems settings. I'll manage this invasion with a third party program as it does work to keep Adobe in its place, and when I no longer require this I will cancel my subscription and buy Corel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting in touch with Microsoft about this. Maybe they will know how to manage this program. I'll post their response here so that others experiencing this issue can get some answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a Windows feature, its Adobe CC and Windows not playing well together. Chatted with Microsoft today and leaned that using a clean boot to manage problems with apps is very helpful and pretty simple. Somehow the Adobe CC client or some part of it persisted in startup even after changing the preferences and disabling the app's launch, and once it was running it was able to override attempts to disable it. Using Windows system configuration to disable it and boot without it running allowed me to make changes that persisted.

Steps here if you're new to it too:

1 Windows key+r or right click Windows icon on your taskbar and select run.

2 Type msconfig in the Run window to bring up the System Configuration window and select the services tab from the choices there.

3 If it isn't already checked, check the box below the services list marked hide all Windows services so only non-Windows services show, and then look for Adobe services in the list and uncheck the box to the left. If you can't find the service or just don't want to look you can click or tap disable all and click or tap okay,

You'll be prompted to restart your computer so make sure anything you're working on is saved and restart. After restarting your computer you'll be in a clean boot and if you look at the startup tab in task manager you can make sure any Adobe products shown there that you don't want to start with your computer are disabled, or disable them if they aren't. At this point the preference settings in the Adobe app should apply and persist. Clean boot mode will restrict use so to return to normal boot you'll want to go back into System Configuration and re-enable services, then follow the prompt to restart again, otherwise you'll have some problems running related programs/apps them next time.

If this works for you the way it is for me you'll have no Adobe process running and if you look in Windows settings/apps and the controls for startup you'll find the switch in the off position instead of on. I am not having to control it through a third party program and it remains disabled until used even after interacting with the desktop client and restarting my computer.

As usual, make sure your OS and your Adobe client/apps are kept up to date.

Good luck

Edit: Info wasn't quite complete. Changed, startup, to, services with respect to system configuration steps to make sure people get to the correct tab.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I have been working pretty much non-stop since my last reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your reply, Daniel, and that you've tried to help, especially considering that this is a problem that includes my OS which is completely different from yours. And I can understand that work keeps you busy. My comment about no answers had nothing to do with you and I am sorry if it seemed to do so.

I've asked at Microsoft and so far there hasn't been anything to indicate that this is a Windows feature as I was told by the tech. I'm managing Adobe with the third party program and will continue to do so as I do not want Adobe to override my settings as it slows my computer's startup. I can't get a knowledgeable tech from Adobe and the last answer of "it's a Windows feature" after the tech once again uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe and verified that Photoshop starts (not even close to what I told her was the issue) tells me I wont be getting help from Adobe. I will continue to talk with Microsoft support to find out what I can do to stop Adobe from autostarting. Maybe I'll find a solution there. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WhyDoesn'tThisWork  wrote

So, no answers? 

Well, if nobody answers you that may well be that they do not know the answer. As the answers are driven by volunteers, and the most qualified volunteers only get their feet wet, when they think to have a hint or solution.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me to feel completely not chastised. You jumped in, sprinkled some forum points and left. Ask yourself how that might look to someone who has, out of desperation, had to tap the unpaid, volunteer collective for help with a product after getting no help from the people she's paying to use a program that's obviously been out of control. I did say that I had dealt with tech support multiple times. You don't know how many hours I've been stuck to my phone and computer while Adobe tech support repeatedly uninstalls and reinstalls CC because it won't work properly. You don't know how many times that had to happen over the two month period it's been since I started my sub to Adobe. You don't know that I've been charged for a product that for the first 5 weeks after I installed it I couldn't even fully use. You don't know how I've been told to do the exact thing I've told tech support I have already done before being hung up on by the worst rep I've ever encountered, and I didn't even have time to be insulting to him.

Now, here's what I know about you. I know you have more than 20k forum points, 19k more than Daniel who is trying to help. I know that you have the comment "I've worked with Adobe...for half an eternity now" on your profile, but Daniel's profile doesn't say anything like that. I know that you list Adobe CC and Win10 as products you work and have experience with, none of which is in Daniel's profile, he uses Mac, but he's been trying to help anyway, even without experience with the OS I'm using. And I know that three days after my last reply, after three days of silence, you popped in here, marked posts as helpful, and left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not understand what I said: I could give no clue in addition to what Daniel said. And as I found that those answers where helpful, I marked those as helpful. That‘s what I do, when I find that the answer is helpful. I am not in competition with Daniel or any other user to provide an answer. It was just for some reason — that I do not need to explain to you — not the moment for me to intervene.

It‘s not that you snip your fingers, that answers come in...

You may change now your id...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you didn't seem to understand how it would look to see someone who's profile suggests they could probably help come wandering in, drop something of no value, and wander out. Daniel was trying to help despite that he had incredibly little chance as his experience is with Mac, not PC and he doesn't claim to have the experience with Adobe or Windows that you do claim to have. Not only that but Daniel's responses were the veriest basic of diagnostics and he admitted to needing his thinking cap. That's nice help and a hundred times better than the effort you made. Daniel's obviously not the only person who could have tried to help, because here you are, but he's the only one who did. You might want to consider being competitive instead of just acting like the old guard who has amassed all the points and feels they've won it all and now the rules no longer apply.

No, you don't need to explain to me, because I don't care. It was not the moment for you to intervene because the problem wasn't well addressed or solved, you have more experience with both aspects of the issue and offered not even the most basic help, and you did nothing but points fairy your way through after there had been three days of silence.

I'm not expecting an answer just because I snapped my fingers. I waited three days and it wasn't until you showed up but did nothing of value that I got that upset. And what could you expect? It's not like I would have known that in half an eternity and with all your experience, you would have no ideas.

Since there's nothing wrong with my I.D. I can only assume you're trying to be insulting again. Fits you well.

So done here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same issue and it is 100% a really manipulative, intentionally designed part of the Creative Cloud. I am now uninstalling the entire program and cancling my membership until I can have a completely seperate computer for Adobe applications. The primary reason for this is their software causes major issue with compettive gaming for me, but that is more the catalyst, because there are so many larger, wildly crooked, and overt attacks on the needs and wants of their users within this sort of programming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling everything Adobe using Autoruns solved it for me! It also helped me identify other programs that I didn't need in startup.

You can get it here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, typically Adobe, they don't respect their users nor their choices. Sadly I can't provide an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines