• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Desktop went mad.

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, this morning after i power up my pc (yesterday evening was everything fine), the CC app was saying that it was damaged. I've cleaned with the Adobe tool and reinstalled it as explained by Adobe help pages. All the programs now (i hope tomorrow too) are working fine if launched but if i open the CC App NO app appear as installed except 1 or 2.

Immagine 2020-10-05 001719.jpg

I've already done what Adobe says (exit, close, rename the opm.db in the OOBE folder) but no luck.

Anyone knows what to do or overall what the heck is happened?

My pc works more than fine, i didn't do anythin strange but this morning Adobe CC went mad...

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click the gear icon > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar (top right image).
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

Failing that, in some cases removing and re-installing the Creative Cloud desktop app is necessary.   See this help article.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just find the solution, i know sounds "stupid" but it's the only thing i didn't think about it till... yeah.. now.

Basically by removing the old OOBE folder, the CC App forgot the settings like the fact that i want to use it in english international and not in italian, so yeah, the app says there's no app installed due to the fact all my apps were installed in english and not italian. By changing the language in the setting, all the apps were in the right place.

BTW still don't know what happened between yesterday night shutdown and this morning fire up..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"still don't know what happened between yesterday night and this morning"

Gremlins!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably yes. Before being a graphic & motion designer i worked for years as a computer technician and i know how to manage my pc. I never had any issue with it, this time is the first one that i cannot understand, btw i hope is now solved, things happens.

Thanks anyway for the support Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines