• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Installer fails - flagged as virus

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running into an issue where the CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe is failing about halfway through due to "CoreSyncCustomHook.exe" being flagged as a trojan horse "Kryptic.FFEP" and getting pulled into quarantine.

This is on Windows 10,  system is fully updated and the problem can be reproduced with any of the other Win 10 hardware I have here.  Installation is being run under an administrative account.

Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

I think it might be specific Fortinet. This is the first report of this I've heard. Thanks for posting about it. I'll let our engineering dept know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suspend your av during installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not an option, nor is it a good idea when it's flagging something as a possible trojan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same thing.  Our Fortigate firewall is blocking the install files download as it detects W32/Kryptik.FFEP in the coresyncextension.zip file.

We are not going to disable the virus protection without verifying that there is definitely NOT a trojan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned above that the AV in question is Fortinet in my case too.  Wonder if it's specific to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might be specific Fortinet. This is the first report of this I've heard. Thanks for posting about it. I'll let our engineering dept know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i run avg and my set up file is flagged with AVG too.it says its a  Win/HERI virus that can multiply and infect other files and hijack my personal info. If these files are safe why does that happen? i dont feel comfortable turning of the protection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use avg with win 10 on 2 computers and haven't seen anything flagged even after a deep scan of a home computer last pm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To mee apered in mcafee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines