• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing address to another country - disaster!

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe to have my address changed from the USA to the UK. The agent said this would have to be done by canceling the USA account and opening a new account in the UK. He had me create a new email address for the new account.

Now I have a new paid account in the UK but my assets are trapped in the old USA account, which is now a free account.  The new UK account cannot see any of these assets.

After chat sessions with multiple agents, it appears that no one knows how to sync files in my old iCloud drive to iCloud drive in my new account. Regarding Lightroom,  I was pointed to an app called lightroom-downloader and told to download all my photos from the old account and re-upload them to the new account. With 225 GB of photos, I think this would take quite a while, so I have not tried it.

I am posting this to complain about the terrible customer service and to warn other users that it is dangerous to ask for a change of address to another country. It may cause loss of cloud data.

TOPICS
Activation , CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iCloud is nothing to do with Adobe. But I guess you mean Creative Cloud. Can't you just re-upload your local backup copies of all the files, rather than try to do the (impossible) Cloud to Cloud transfer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I meant Creative Cloud. I'll explore your suggestion. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines