• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Couldn’t uninstall Creative Cloud for desktop. You still have Creative Cloud applications installed on your computer that require it.

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I am trying to uninstall creative cloud from a Mac but when using the uninstaller I get a message

"Couldn’t uninstall Creative Cloud for desktop. You still have Creative Cloud applications installed on your computer that require it."

I then check my installed Apps from the list in the Creative Cloud menu bar and there are none installed. So what am I supposed to do?

I do however have some installed on another machine is that a factor? I only want to uninstall creative cloud from one machine and not the other.

-Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Thanks I worked it out... I had uninstalled Adobe LR using a third party App. I resolved the issue by reinstalling LR and then uninstalling using the Adobe uninstaller. I was then able to uninstall Creative Cloud.

Thanks

-Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it for me!! Even though it's 2024, your 2018 solution/tip worked beautifully!! Thank you so much!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome, @SarahK 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I worked it out... I had uninstalled Adobe LR using a third party App. I resolved the issue by reinstalling LR and then uninstalling using the Adobe uninstaller. I was then able to uninstall Creative Cloud.

Thanks

-Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is adobe LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lr=lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, The best and easiest way is delete the file located Adobe CC (sometimes asked during installation and usually in the C / program files (x86).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First use the task manager to end the prosses of a CC apps, and then go into C:\Program Files\Adobe and delete all CC folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bob32290114jlef 

what doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vipul, that tool solved my problem uninstalling Creative Cloud Desktop (while retaining my CS6 installations), thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ooofest 

check if cs6 is still activated by opening an app and clicking help.  sign in or activate should be unclickable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can see, my CS6 apps are still activated.

I actually uninstalled Lightroom CS6 before removing the Creative Cloud Desktop app, then reinstalled LR CS6 after and was prompted to login + activate online during that installation, which was successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the uninstaller within the the app folder isn't working, try download the standalone uninstaller from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

That worked for me, and it's a quicker, easier option than reinstalling apps, manually deleting files or running the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution has worked for  me. I am using Windows 11. Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the complete removal/reinstall solution:

to do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, using the official uninstaller app is what worked for me. Removing via Windows settings resulted in the error, and deleting OPM.db (as per another solution here) didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the info, @connorhawke 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines