• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud app loads then freezes with empty dialog box.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the create cloud app in the tray or launch it from the menu the app loads, then a small empty dialog box appears with a small creative cloud logo in the middle. Then nothing happens. I can't close the window and nothing responds. I have to force the application closed.

The system is running a fresh copy of windows 8.1 and a fresh installation of adobe creative cloud.

The only thing i did was change my adobe account password after requested to.

The applications I have installed still work but I can't add anything or update any of the apps.

This is what it looks like.

cc.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

I updated the client from here

https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

and it fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kayvan,

Please navigate to C/Users/User Name/AppData/Local/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db and delete it. Right click on CC destop and run as admin. Try to sign in and let me know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Romit Sinha,

I followed your instructions, and deleted opm.db. I ran CC as administrator and it did ask me to re-enter my user name and password, but the same problem occurs.

The only change that occured since it stopped working was windows update which applied the following updates,

Security Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2862152)

Security Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2876331)

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2888505)

Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2900986)

Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2898108)

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 x64 Edition - November 2013 (KB890830)

Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2887595)

Security Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2868626)

Regards,

Keyvan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Romit,

Is there any update with regards to this issue?

Regards,

Kayvan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the client from here

https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

and it fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same issue,

Win8 64bit

No new programs or changes made to CC program. Please fix this asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - Win 8.1, 64 bit...

Adobe, you have to get off your collective butts and fix this problem!

(Not you, Romit, you've been very helpful to me in the past - this is a programmer problem )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same type of problem Win7 64 but when the CC app loads I get a never ending blue circle (of death). Tried everything. Uninstall, Adobe Cleaner, Deleting OOBE folder & files. All this with a "tech" (and I use that term very, very loosely) and I still have this problem. It happened with the latest update to the CC App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here too.

I end up having to remove CC Desktop from Control Panel/Programs and re-install.  happened on both my machines.  What a bloody waste of my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here: W8.1 64bit

Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue... I follwed the instructions in another post, namely:

1. uninstalled CC desktop app, rebooted

2. downloaded, reainstalled latest CC desktop app

3. deleted entire set of preference files in OOBE folder

4. relaunched adobe CC desktop, logged in fine. Then I just get blue spinning wheel... been like this for an hour. I can get to the "apps" tab, but not the home tab, I can't set my folders, nor see the fonts tab. It seems I'm having connectivity issues with the cloud part? My internet access is working fine, btw. Is this service giong over an unusual port that a firewall might block. I'm not blocking outgoing connections, mind you, so I'm perplexed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem. Have had it earlier too, always happends when there are updates involved. Last time i had to reinstall both Creative Cloud and all programs. The solution from Romsinha did not work for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OleF please see Creative Cloud desktop missing text | Windows 8.1 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-missing-text.html for information on how to check the version of the Creative Cloud desktop application which you have installed.

RaphaelP you have responded to two separate discussions which do not appear to be related to your current difficulties.  I would recommend that you either create your own discussion topic with the steps you have performed and the errors you are receiving; or continue to work with our support team to resolve your difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see the screenshot that Kayvan has posted, this is what happends when i try to open Creative Cloud desktop. I get a messagebox with no info, and i cant exit the messagebox in any way. I cant click on the gear icon or any other buttons either due to the messagebox. The only way to actually close the program again is force closing it through task manager/CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Edit: Uninstalled Creative Cloud and installed it again, seems to be working ok now, but this happends every time there are new updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I uninstalled a third time and reinstalled from this link; Free Creative Cloud | Download Adobe Creative Cloud free trial

Still the blue spinning wheel. What a complete waste of time. I was going to buy their product, but if I can't even connect... how can I. You would think they could resolve such a basic connection issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Djrichie97 this discussion originally started in November of 2013.

I would recommend reviewing App doesn’t open | Progress wheel spins continually as it is relevant to the current error you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be your Network Card Driver is incompatible with the Creative Cloud App. In My case the Creative Cloud App would log in but then only show a blank rectangle labeled "Creative Cloud. I had two multiple hour sessions with Adobe Tech Support trying all the stuff above while controlling my computer remotely to no avail.  

My solution:

I uninstalled my Windows 7 PCIe Realtek GBE Driver and installed the Realtek Windows 8.1 PCIe GBE Family Driver fixed everything, the flashing hourglass -gone, the Libraries module flashing -gone, Creative Cloud blank -now working. I was running Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) when this problem started month ago when I upgraded to Photoshop CC 2015 and the most recent version of CC app, I upgraded to Windows 10 pro (64 bit). The Windows 10 installed a NIC driver that slowed my Gigabit Ethernet card to 100mbs, so I downgraded to Windows 7 driver so problem persisted until I installed the Windows 8.1 drivers.

I don't know if this only applies to just the Windows 7 RealteK PCIe GBE Driver or if it applies to other operating systems and different ethernet chip manufacturers, but it does give you another avenue to explore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just re enstall it. then it will work creative cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 and I'm having this issue with all the apps. Can't open Illustrator, photoshop, nothing.

Capture_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exact same thing 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After 2 days of surrering, I fixed it by doing the following:
- uninstall anything related to "Adobe".
- removing and file or folder contains the word "adobe"
- deleting anything in the registry that related to "adobe"
- making sure nothing in my PC has the word "adobe"
- restart 
- update windows & McAfee
- restart
- download Adobe XD (not creative cloud desktop)

By default, it downloaded (creative cloud desktop) and things are fine now !!

I have Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines