• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud app opening blank

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open the creative cloud app to download Bridge, but this is how the app opens:

Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 2.59.52 PM.png

Nothing ever loads into the window. I've tried unistalling and reinstalling numerous times. I tried reading through other comments that sounded similar, they suggested restarting the computer and reinstalling, or using the creative cloud cleaner app. Nothing has worked. I'm running Mac OS 10.7.5

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Hi bobbyo2005,

Please navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db and trash it. Launch CC desktop and try to sign in.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bobbyo2005,

Please navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db and trash it. Launch CC desktop and try to sign in.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the folder, but I'm not seeing any opm.db file

I tried doing a search for it too, and nothing came up

Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 9.00.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKED!!!

thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too. Finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the solution for me at least. I'm on a mac and don't have the opm.db file either. What DID work for me is opening System Activity Monitor and terminating all Adobe processes. Some won't seem to go away but Creative Cloud window finally displayed my apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac with OS X 10.10.5 and this finally worked for me. My Creative Cloud screen was totaly blank. It does not even give me the "Creative Cloud Title".

Creative Cloud Screen Shot totally blank.png

I had to do several restarts. I think it has something to do with fonts. I am using Suitcase Fusion 6 (17.3.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all the recipes for the fix, but have found that they are all only temporary. I can turn off all the Adobe actions in the Activity Monitor, get Creative Cloud to display my apps, then when I go back to Creative Cloud again, I can open all the menu items except the apps. So I get to start the process all over again. Hey Adobe...I think you have a bug to fix here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I get when I open the app a second time.

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 11.25.03 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Windows 7 Home Premium OS and still did not have any luck after deleting that file. I try opening it back up, and the file reappears on its own just like the OOBE folders after deleting them like said to do in other forums. I've tried uninstalling, restarting my computer, and then reinstalling, but it still is blank. I need Flash Professional CC in order to complete my course this week at Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division, but unfortunately I can not download Flash in order to complete the assignments. The only options I get are for "Help", "Pin to Notification Area..", or "Quit". It is blank like in the photo above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 7 64 bit. I also see a blank screen when im trying to log in. Has anyone fixed this for windows users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any solution yet?

tried:

• reinstall
  • adobe cleaner tool
  • deleting oobe file/ folder
  • rename oobe file/ folder
  • deleting all adobe files (via search for them)
  • googleing for hours

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION:

I JUST MADE A NEW WINDOWS USER ACCOUNT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find the file /opm.db

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 11.14.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking under System Library. Please check under User Library.

~/Library = User Library

/Library = System Library

Follow below steps.

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
  2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( " Do not miss ~ symbol " )

~/library

It will open User Library folder.

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe>OOBE. Open OOBE folder and trash Opm.db file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still get same error even after deleting Opm.db file  , follow steps mentioned in below link :

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1875036

[ Adobe Cleaner tool updated  link is listed at last in that link.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 Premium.

I've tried all the following in the previous posts to no avail, except KarlRempel's solution worked. Having a new account was the only way for it to work and I did not want that.

I finally figured out the root of all evil. The ampersand in Windows user folder name (not the Windows displayed user name).

If you have ampersand (&) or other non-alphabet characters in windows user folder name (Example: C:\Users\Bob & Mary), then Flash Builder will fail to install (happened to me), Creative Cloud will display white screen, and/or other miscellaneous problems.

I confirmed this to be true and works:

1) I had blank Creative Cloud window as shown in the first post.

2) I renamed the display username and window user folder name by doing the instructions here:

http://www.ghacks.net/2011/03/28/how-to-change-a-windows-account-name-and-user-profile-folder-name/

(Example: Change from "Bob & Mary" to "Bob n Mary" - without the quotes)

3) After logging back in my newly renamed account, I opened Creative Cloud and login interface shows up! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blank screen returns almost weekly.  I have done all these steps. What works for me is opening the Activity Monitor ( Mac) and quitting all Adobe processes. Then I re-launch Creative Cloud. Then it is fine, but next week it wont be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quitting the Adobe processes in the activity Monitor worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I quit just "Adobe Desktop Service" or the other two processes running as well?ActivityMonitorAdobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quit Adobe CF Helper & Adobe Desktop Svc and that did the trick. They both have the Creative Cloud icon next to them.

CapturFiles-03-28-2015_06.28.09.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I quit just "Adobe Desktop Service" or the other two processes running as well?ActivityMonitorAdobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only thing that worked for me too. Very irritating that this keeps happening. When will this issue be resolved for good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines