• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App STILL requires Rosetta 2?!!?

Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm baffled as to why Adobe couldn't update this with native Apple Silicon support - given the release of LrC and all the other apps today that support M1 Macs.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the Cloud Desktop app? Why is it important to you for the Cloud Desktop App to run natively on the M1? Does it run OK under Rosetta 2?

Adobe has a big workload getting existing apps to run natively on the M1.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

I would expect the desktop app to be last on the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - the desktop app.  It's important to many of us with M1 Macs as we want to stop relying on Rosetta 2 to run apps. Many apps under Rosetta 2 aren't as stable as native or universal apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, understood. Native apps are always preferable for better stability and performance. I plan to get an M1 Mac this year. I look forward to running all M1 apps on it.

I'm sure the Adobe engineers have a huge to-do list for porting apps to the M1. Native M1 Illustrator, Indesign and others were just released yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious? Yes we need to have an installer without rosetta, simple reason for software trouble shooting. i have issues when rosetta installed apps are running next to apples m1 apps. so yeah we need that and using "big workload" for a company as adobe.... kidding right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deadly serious. Makes no difference to running the apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a lot of BS. I was even asked that this would support to finding the issue. lastly, whats ur issues with paying customers wanting a native installer when its been out for such a long time... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are user to user forums. Regulars in these forums are volunteers and Adobe users just like you.

We have zero influence on how Adobe develop their products. We just help people out in our own  time.

The situation is what it is. The app installers require Rosetta 2. Would we like native M1 installers? Sure but they don't yet exist. But Rosetta 2 installers are not a dealbreaker.

Install Rosetta 2. Then install the M1 apps and run the apps natively.

@Ricc83 wrote:

i have issues when rosetta installed apps are running next to apples m1 apps

Can you elaborate on exactly what issues so we can report it to Adobe and they can investigate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - Rosetta 2 installers has become a deal breaker for me....and a number of others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing @Charles Putnam.

So you're cancelling your Cloud membership because of Rosetta 2 installers? Which apps do you use where Rosetta 2 installers are involved?

Could you explain why it's a dealbreaker so it can be passed on to Adobe? If enough people present a compelling case, they'll inevitably review it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct - I'm done with Adobe until all their apps, installers, all of the added stuff that need Rosetta 2 are coded to Universal.  I've run into enough issues (system freezes, crashes, etc.) related to Rosetta 2.

It's been almost two years since Apple announced moving to Apple Silicon. Most other developments have ported their apps to Universal.  There's no reason Adobe can't move everything to Universal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.

I've run into enough issues (system freezes, crashes, etc.) related to Rosetta 2.

Out of curiosity, how do you know those issues are specifically caused by Rosetta 2, given that so many other issues including hardware and operating system can also contribute?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the issues/crashes I've run into are all relatesd to Adobe app's that are Intel baseed...

It's also possibility an issue related to Adobe's use of Lua and/or their poor QC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a possibility. Would also expect widespread reports of issues/crashes related to the same symptoms from people with similar setups.

Anyway, just curious. Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grow up and stop defending Adobe... Who are you to say its not related to Rosetta? Even Apple suggests isolating issues, and that means running Apple Apps, then native M1 Apps, and only if sucessul run rosetta to figure out issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input. No need to get personal or aggressive. Not defending Adobe at all. Just looking for more information.

Countless issues are reported here all the time with no way of verifying the root cause. The more information we can gather on an issue the more likely a fix is to be provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, this is primarily a user-to-user Forum of fellow Adobe customers like you. If you have an issue we can't help you with, you can reach Adobe Customer Care via live online chat or possibly phone:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

If you have a suggestion for Adobe products, then please submit it directly to the company's engineers via this channel reserved for features requests and bug reports:

https://www.adobe.com/go/wish

*** Note that Adobe does not do support by email, so beware of scammers and answering anyone who sends you a private message via this forum. ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines