• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud & authenticating proxies?

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our work environment uses authenticating proxies for Internet connectivity - how do I configure Creatvive Cloud applications to work with that? For example, the Adobe Application Manager doesn't recognize the proxy (nor ask for its password) and hence fails to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

I appreciate the frustration you must be experiencing here, and that these workarounds are not ideal for a corporate environment. I am working with our engineering teams to address these issues, and this information should be useful in finding a solution.

The list above is unfortunately incomplete; please ensure that the following domains are whitelisted:

*.adobe.com

*.adobelogin.com

*.adobeoobe.com

If you are still experiencing problems, please run our Log Collector tool; for example, the file "PDAp

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team,

Any update on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our engineering teams are working to provide support for additional proxy environments, please see the documentation here:

Proxy authentication support for Creative Cloud products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. We used http proxy pac and we are able to get through the proxy authentication prompt in cloud.

But after launching Photoshop, creative cloud libraries are not getting loaded. getting the below error;

"Sorry, we couldn't connect to the server" Retry

unable to connect to the server.

Kindly check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please raise this with our support team via the portal at https://www.adobe.com/support/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you keep referring people to 1st tier support. They can't help

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominic, I tried to raise a support ticket but all I got was a person on chat (who looked through the hosts file and not much else), and ultimately told me to add certain domains to the whitelist. As I am in a large corporate, this will not be possible. I could not find any other way to actually properly contact support, nor was my problem solved as I left the chat.

What other avenues are there to continue to bring this issue to adobe, besides this forum and live chat (and phone, but I'm not in the US so the timings are very inconvenient)? Is there no proper support ticket process? This is clearly a frustrating issue for many users so some actual help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same issue and I have used the Log Collector and this is a link to the PDApp file: Dropbox - PDApp.log

Elizabet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We DON'T have the power to white list yo.  Turn off your snooping ports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys adobe support need to get your acts together.  This has been going on since 2012, and the last post is suggesting adding another layer of software that will probably violate a lot of corporate standards?  No admin is going to risk their job over the crap support given by adobe.  But as suggested here is my proxy information.  Barracuda firmware 8.0..0.003, these are the addresses listed in a custom folder assigned to authenticated users. 

ccmdls.adobe.com

ims-na1.adobelogin.com

ims-prod06.adobelogin.com

na1r.services.adobe.com

prod-rel-ffc-ccm.oobesaas.adobe.com

lm.licenses.adobe.com

ccmdl.adobe.com

swupmf.adobe.com

swupdl.adobe.com

.adobe.com

.adobelogin.com

.activate.com

Not working.  Fix it  My company is paying for 19 users which is probably not a lot compared to other organizations.  Adobe owes us some money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we passed the 3 year anniversary of Adobe not fixing the problems outlined in this thread.  I have been assigned a "special" tech to address all of my concerns. While he has been polite and doing what he can under the circumstances the problem still exists.

Adobe does not care about it's customers in corporate environments that use firewalls and proxy devices.  If they did there would be more concern, and more choices available for us.

Their solution for me?  I was given a link to download pdf help files.  It is a 22 mb "book" for my users to use when they have problems.  I work with designers, they want non technical ways to find information.  Don't give me a textbook for them to use, and make me apologize for the crap Adobe has caused.  I'm so disgusted I could spit, and it isn't my money.  Luckily I have many contacts in the fashion industry, and when I can I will encourage them to find alternatives to the creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this saves someone some of the aggravation that I have experienced with the incompetence at Adobe tech support.  This does not apply to all, but 96% of them earn this description.  If you have a firewall and/or proxy you will have authentication issues.  Creative Cloud for Teams has very little support for these devices.  I have spent weeks and hours talking to so called experts on the phone and chat sessions trying to figure out why my company has experienced problems accessing cloud services within these applications.  I FINALLY reached a 2nd tier tech, at least that is what he told me he was, and finally was told this little tidbit of information.  You would think that the 1st tier support would have this information or understand the mechanics of basic customer service and follow up on open tickets.  But no, they sit in a pending status of awaiting adobe response.  The tickets will remain in that status forever or be withdrawn by adobe without notice.  Pathetic.  Calls to the San Jose corporate office go into a black hole trying to escalate the problem. 

When talking to initial sales do you think they would have this information so that they could ask questions to make sure you purchased the appropriate bundle?  NO!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't finish my thought from above.  The behavior the application will exhibit at least for me is that all of the creative cloud applications are looking for an internet connection.  For example, illustrator will show an error stating "an internet connection is required to access this feature" when using the services within the application, e.g. help, accessing the cloud, forums, etc.  Our machines have access. but not through the application.  I ran tests, and there is no communication between the adobe application and our proxy device.  You have to log into adobe on the web and upload your files through your browser instead of the application.  Doable, but requires extra steps.  Help files are restricted to a large pdf download that your designers are hopefully able to to find what they are looking for.

In the end it comes down to some simple facts, but the bigger problem was getting this information.  Tech support is supposed to be able to troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions.  If the solutions are more complicated than the 1st tier support can fix then the issue should be escalated.  This is something the tech desk fails to understand.  Perhaps its corporate culture.  All I know is that the poor customer service I experienced lead to very poor tech support, and I had to be a real prick to get any kind of answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to be repeating myself, but I would ask that you raise a support ticket by visiting https://www.adobe.com/support/ regarding this. Please feel free to cite this thread and the details of your proxy server so that we can get this addressed by our engineering teams.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

as Adobe seems not really intending to fix this i want to share another workaround. it helped me today, not sure how long.

Our environment:

- McAfee WebProxy

- Cisco ASA Firewall (80, 443 not open to "any", but for some IP-adresses to overcome proxy issues)

- Proxy.Pac (wpad) File on a internal Webserver to tell clients to use the proxy for external websites

1. I have created a big list of FQDN and put them into Whitelist of the Proxy. => still issues as many others in this forums have

2. I checked one client using wireshark and netstat and the behaviour is very strange. most of the web-access goes (as expected) through the webserver. some websites (as soon i try to start adobe cc) are simply ignoring the proxy-setting and try to go through directly (which is blocked on the firewall)

3. unfortunately those destination adresses are changing and they have no common dns entry. most are listed as .amazonaws.com

So now to the workaround:

I have just opened the firewall for the IP 107.22.242.141 and FQDN helpexamples.com Port 80 and 443

No kidding - it worked since that.

No sure how stable this workaround is, we will see. Feel free try and comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any plan to implement a proxyconfig or PAC file for use with Adobe Application Manager?

We allow all of the Adobe sites through are proxy, but the problem is that the actual Adobe Applications do not know how to "talk" to the proxy.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a "solution", unfortunately it won't work for many/most. 

Our proxy is ForefrontTMG.   We have installed the ForefrontTMG client

onto workstations with CC apps.   The client handles authentication and

is transparent to the update application.

In the near future we will move to OpenDNS and stop using the proxy,

partly because of a number of misbehaving apps that are a pain to support.

I'm also about to start testing Adobe Remote Update Manager to get around
the local admin security issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me (h/t to my IT guy):

* add http://localhost:8092/ to exceptions in your brower's advanced settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have about 10 PCs on our network with Creative Cloud. All of the sudden my computer started asking for Proxy Password. It didn't make any sense.

I knew it wasn't a proxy server issue. So like many issues with CC's horrible Creative Clod app. I wound up deleting the opm.db file and it worked!

Hope this works for you.

Remove the OPM.db file and relogin into the Creative Cloud desktop application using the Adobe ID tied to your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me:

Remove the OPM.db file and relogin into the Creative Cloud desktop application using the Adobe ID tied to your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me as well.. (deleting the OPM.db file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having issues with activating adobe software behind a corporate firewall. We also use zscaler.  I tried a squid tunnel to get a log of what is going on and this is my squid log:

1447186351.433    199 127.0.0.1 TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS/200 563 HEAD http://www.adobe.com/ - HIER_DIRECT/192.150.16.64 text/html

1447186351.992    230 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS/200 0 CONNECT ims-prod06.adobelogin.com:443 - HIER_DIRECT/52.6.103.24 -

1447186352.308    225 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS/200 0 CONNECT ims-prod06.adobelogin.com:443 - HIER_DIRECT/52.6.103.24 -

1447186352.783    321 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS/200 0 CONNECT ims-prod06.adobelogin.com:443 - HIER_DIRECT/52.6.103.24 -

1447186353.304    258 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS/200 0 CONNECT ims-prod06.adobelogin.com:443 - HIER_DIRECT/52.6.103.24 -

It just hangs and times out.

What is really obnoxious is I'm trying to install the perpetual license version of Lightroom 6 -- not a creative cloud version. 

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've spent an hour on chat.  And they pointed me back to the forums.  I'm currently pushing back on this.  We'll see where I get to.

Also, in my particular case I also tried tethered to my iPhone and disconnected from the corporate network.  Still couldn't activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The proxy issue popped up its ugly head on my PC yesterday after staying quiet for ages. I resolved it (I hope!) by following DonnieHenderson's advice above:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work.

What did work was disconnecting from all networking.   But I don't know how long that will get me until LR insists upon online activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See post no. 39.  I just added the exclusions to our proxy.pac and wpad.dat files and it worked...

//Adobe Creative Cloud
if (shExpMatch(host, "*.adobe.com")) return "DIRECT";
if (shExpMatch(host, "*.adobelogin.com")) return "DIRECT";
if (shExpMatch(host, "*.adobeoobe.com")) return "DIRECT";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines